Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Re: Once you find your dream task

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
11 of 16

Every time I see the subject line of this thread, I want to sing...

 

Once you find your dream task, never let it go.

Once you find your dream task, never let it go.

 

(To the tune of "Some enchanted evening")

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 16

jeezus, at that edit. It's S.h.i.t.t's Creek.

Community Guru
Jody P Member Since: Aug 1, 2017
13 of 16

Jennifer M wrote:

jeezus, at that edit. It's S.h.i.t.t's Creek.


LOL, I was actually wondering since the name probably won't trigger any banned-words flags. 

 

I've actually had it on my list of 'maybes' for a while. But now that you've endorsed it, I'll go check it out. Plus, a sixth and final season is coming next year, so we can binge on five episodes until then.

 

Binging? Oh yeah. Mad Men? A few weeks. Sopranos? A few weeks. I would mention the obvious one but it might start a conflict.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
14 of 16

Jody P wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

jeezus, at that edit. It's S.h.i.t.t's Creek.


LOL, I was actually wondering since the name probably won't trigger any banned-words flags. 

 

I've actually had it on my list of 'maybes' for a while. But now that you've endorsed it, I'll go check it out. Plus, a sixth and final season is coming next year, so we can binge on five episodes until then.

 

Binging? Oh yeah. Mad Men? A few weeks. Sopranos? A few weeks. I would mention the obvious one but it might start a conflict.


oooh Mad Men! I haven't binged that in a while. Don Draper is the total embodiment of my grandfather even his looks. I loved that show and was so sad to see it go. Sopranos is awesome too! 

 

I don't get too much into comedy, but I really like S.h.itt's Creek. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jody P Member Since: Aug 1, 2017
15 of 16

Jennifer M wrote:

Jody P wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

jeezus, at that edit. It's S.h.i.t.t's Creek.


LOL, I was actually wondering since the name probably won't trigger any banned-words flags. 

 

I've actually had it on my list of 'maybes' for a while. But now that you've endorsed it, I'll go check it out. Plus, a sixth and final season is coming next year, so we can binge on five episodes until then.

 

Binging? Oh yeah. Mad Men? A few weeks. Sopranos? A few weeks. I would mention the obvious one but it might start a conflict.


oooh Mad Men! I haven't binged that in a while. Don Draper is the total embodiment of my grandfather even his looks. I loved that show and was so sad to see it go. Sopranos is awesome too! 

 

I don't get too much into comedy, but I really like S.h.itt's Creek. 


I agree. And while some folks don't like how Mad Men or The Sopranos ended, I did. At first, I wasn't feeling the Mad Men ending, but after digging into the story a bit, I did. It's just that with the Mad Men ending, it wasn't immediately clear to me for some reason. But with The Soprano's ending, I just sat there in front of the tube with my mouth open, staring at that ominous black screen. And then, when I finally realized it was over, I had that great chill on the spine feeling. 

 

In my opinion, both those shows were masterpieces. Mad Men is still underrated for some reason, where The Sopranos was widely acclaimed. And if I had to choose between the two, I don't think I could. As Mad Men was just as good as The Sopranos.

 

I love the era that Mad Men was placed in. One of my favorite quotes was by the infamous Roger Sterling.

 

Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons.
"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do." - Roger Sterling

 

roger-sterling-2.jpgThis statement is not one shared by Jody PM, Upwork, or really, any reasonable male in the world today. It's just a television show quote made by a fictional character.

 

Something about those words seems to encapsulate the feeling and my ideas of the 30's, 40's, and 50's when Roger would have been growing up and the world was stricken with some truly trying times. And as he was talking to Don, he was right. Don did drink for all of the wrong reasons. 

 

I was sad to hear that Roger passed away around the time I was born, and Peggy just passed away this year

Community Guru
Noureldin Y Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
16 of 16

Thank you for being active on my post.

 


Marvelous.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS