🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » One Word---Awesome!
Page options
purplepony
Community Member

One Word---Awesome!

Well, actually two words---totally awesome!!!

Mega Kudos to Lydian Nadhaswaram, the child pianist extraordinaire from India, who won "World's Best" and $1M.

In addition to his incredible talent he appears to have a superb personality and is "cute as a bug's ear" as my Grandma used to say.    

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Pat M wrote:

Well, actually two words---totally awesome!!!

Mega Kudos to Lydian Nadhaswaram, the child pianist extraordinaire from India, who won "World's Best" and $1M.

In addition to his incredible talent he appears to have a superb personality and is "cute as a bug's ear" as my Grandma used to say.    

Whilst I totally agree on the talent, I can't help but wonder what childhood that kid has...

browersr
Community Member

On the subject of prodigy children, I'd have to imagine  that even pre-Internet they were going to have a different childhood. Even the best family system isn't likely to create a perfectly "normal" environment because the kid isn't perfectly normal. Of course there is a spectrum there but I don't think anyone can have their cake and eat it too. 

In the age of the Internet through, all bets are off. This especially if their talent involves the arts in anyway. It's a blessing and a curse. From our standpoint it's a blessing to be exposed to these singular talents whom we otherwise wouldn't know exist. For the prodigy it's obviously great to have that exposure and what it can bring. It also has to be a complete nightmare.

I love the fact that the Internet age has allowed me to hear singers that otherwise would likely never be known. Prior someone would have to get a corporate record deal and have the radio agree to put their single in circulation. No easy task. Now, they can upload a single to SoundCloud or Youtube and become near over-night sensation with millions of views. I recently came across an artist who just turned 17. Voice you would not expect of a 17-year old let alone 15 when she recorded some of her stuff. Millions of fans with most telling her she is their "queen" and essentially the second coming. As you'd expect, the others taking any opportunity to say cruel things about her looks, lyrics, etc. Both sides are poison and it's from millions if you can internalize that. An adult usually doesn't handle this well so one can imagine the impact on a teenager. Yet I am thankful to be able to hear her stuff so does the good outweigh the bad? 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths