🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Paypal fund transfer
Page options
xzjopillo123
Community Member

Paypal fund transfer

Hi!
When transferring funds from Upwork to Paypal.. will it be in the form of $ or will it follow the currency of the specific country your in.. 
Note: I asked this question because I am planning to buy something online thru paypal payment.. and it is in $.. it will be a gift for my daughter.. Thank you very much to those who could answer my question 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Xz J wrote:

Hi!
When transferring funds from Upwork to Paypal.. will it be in the form of $ or will it follow the currency of the specific country your in.. 
Note: I asked this question because I am planning to buy something online thru paypal payment.. and it is in $.. it will be a gift for my daughter.. Thank you very much to those who could answer my question 🙂

In that case you want to establish a $ Dollar balance in your PayPal account and set it as primary. Then withdraw the funds which will then hit your PayPal account in Dollars, saving your currency exchange charges for the first time. Then buy you daughters present in US Dollars, saving you the currency exchange fee for the second time.

I keep three currency balances in PayPal, US $, €uro and British Pounds.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

@Xz J wrote:

Hi!

In that case you want to establish a $ Dollar balance in your PayPal account and set it as primary. Then withdraw the funds which will then hit your PayPal account in Dollars, saving your currency exchange charges for the first time. Then buy you daughters present in US Dollars, saving you the currency exchange fee for the second time.

I keep three currency balances in PayPal, US $, €uro and British Pounds.

Thanks Petra! 😘
Latest Articles
Learning Paths