🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Peanut Butter - homemade in 3 minutes
Page options
petra_r
Community Member

Peanut Butter - homemade in 3 minutes

I have no idea if I was the very last person in the universe to know that you can make home-made peanut butter in a matter of minutes? And Oh.My.God it is gooooorgeous

Throw dry roasted peanuts into a bender.

Blend. It goes bitsy

Keep blending.

It goes crumbly like breadcrumbs

Keep blending, and watch it go all creamy from the bottom up.

Leave as is or add a bit of honey for sweetness / depth of flavour.

TOTALLY delicious and honestly takes less than 5 minutes and no skill at all! I just used it to make the most divine king prawn satay curry.

peanut butter.jpg

19 REPLIES 19
browersr
Community Member

You aren't the last as I never tried it. But I LOVE peanut butter (word is my mother was addicted to it when pregnant with me) so I'm going to give it a go!

And it smells heavingly ...

filip_s
Community Member

We've been making our own for quite a while, much cheaper and nicer than the store bought available over here.

If you want to take it to the next level, try a mix of two-thirds peanuts and one third hazelnuts, the roasted hazelnuts are a game changer.

Dont try to make it from hazelnuts alone, the higher fat content of hazelnuts makes the end result too runny.

petra_r
Community Member

I love peanut butter mainly in cooking Asian / Asian inspired food, try red thai rice cooked in coconut milk and peanut butter.... it tastes like you died and went to heaven...

I also use it as a treat / bribe / to give medicine to the dog / cats and with so many store bought peanut butters containing the deadly toxic (for animals) sweetener Xylitol it takes the stress out of it because I know exacrly what's in my peanut butter. And it so totally takes no time at all! Few things could be quicker or easier.

Will try the version with hazelnuts, but also cashews 🙂

Also try it with a mix of peanuts and almonds.

Wendy C wrote:

Or a mix of almonds and almonds. 🙂 I love almond butter. 

Renata S wrote:

Wendy C wrote:

What do you do with it?

Eat and/or cook with it - just like peanut butter. I would check before sharing it w/ pets ...

Petra R wrote:

Renata S wrote:

Wendy C wrote:

What do you do with it?

I usually just have it on toast, but like peanut butter, you could probably use it in other recipes. If you're a dessert maker, think it might be interesting to put it between to of the layers in a torte (so you could have a nut layer in the middle of the cake). I think I might have tried it once in a salad dressing recipe (which was really nice).  

You can just experiment. OT, if I don't have pine nuts, I sometimes make pesto with almonds. And if I don't have fresh basil, I'll make a different kind of pesto with cilantro and almonds (or pumpkin seeds, which you can also grind into a butter). So you can kind of mix and match it like that. 

You're only limited by your imagination. 

Huffington Post has some suggestions:
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/almond-butter-recipes_us_5399117

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

This will also go nice as a dip to Asian fresh spring rolls!

Add a little bit of hoisin, fresh chilis (if you want it a little hot), coconut milk (optional - if you want it a little creamy), and then some crushed peanuts (for a little bit of crunch). Yum yum, good for the tum!

Petra R wrote:

I love peanut butter mainly in cooking Asian / Asian inspired food, try red thai rice cooked in coconut milk and peanut butter.... it tastes like you died and went to heaven...

~ Avery
Upwork

I LOVE peanut butter spread on apple slices.  Try it - wonderful!

Mary W wrote:

I LOVE peanut butter spread on apple slices.  Try it - wonderful!

or on very, VERY mature Cheddar cheese!

or lots of it in a very hot Thai Curry

or on a spoon straight in mouth

It's divine stuff!

mtngigi
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

I have no idea if I was the very last person in the universe to know that you can make home-made peanut butter in a matter of minutes? And Oh.My.God it is gooooorgeous

Throw dry roasted peanuts into a bender.

Blend. It goes bitsy

Keep blending.

It goes crumbly like breadcrumbs

Keep blending, and watch it go all creamy from the bottom up.

Leave as is or add a bit of honey for sweetness / depth of flavour.

TOTALLY delicious and honestly takes less than 5 minutes and no skill at all! I just used it to make the most divine king prawn satay curry.

I've been making my own for a long time - I use my food processor. I like peanut butter toast in the a.m., but also use it for lots of Asian dishes, like dipping sauce for Vietnamese spring rolls ... yum. And sometimes I just eat it by the spoonful.

petra_r
Community Member

Virginia F wrote:

And sometimes I just eat it by the spoonful.

To be honest one of the main reasons I make my own is because I can make just as much as I need for my recipe...... If I have a jar of peanut butter it sits there and calls me.... I use what I need for cooking and put it away, and then, after a glass of wine or two I hear it calling and.... I eat it.

ALL OF IT Smiley LOL

mtngigi
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Virginia F wrote:

And sometimes I just eat it by the spoonful.

To be honest one of the main reasons I make my own is because I can make just as much as I need for my recipe...... If I have a jar of peanut butter it sits there and calls me.... I use what I need for cooking and put it away, and then, after a glass of wine or two I hear it calling and.... I eat it.

ALL OF IT Smiley LOL

I understand ... but it is (or can be) a healthier alternative to other things I might shove in my face when hunger strikes. I like peanut butter and celery (no raisins) for instance - and that's better than reaching for something sugary or bready.

goriyaz
Community Member

It's even better if you roast the peanuts a few minutes with a pan. And if you like it crunchy, then keep a few peanuts, cut'em into little chunks with a knife and add them at the end. The only difficulty is to keep the spoon away 🙂

petra_r
Community Member

Yazid M wrote:

It's even better if you roast the peanuts a few minutes with a pan

I am lazy, I use roasted ones 🙂

tasamil
Community Member

Thanks for sharing though, to me, no cooking is easy and quick. Simply hate it. Even the filter one-minute coffee feels like it takes ages to make...

good to have someone to check all that is released out there, as always 😉 

goriyaz
Community Member

It's really easy to influence me when it comes with gluttony. This time, I've added honey (thanks for the idea btw) and it's absolutely delicious. I only have now to schedule a sports session.

Fat for your lifeFat for your life

Latest Articles
Learning Paths