cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peanut Butter - homemade in 3 minutes

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1 of 20

I have no idea if I was the very last person in the universe to know that you can make home-made peanut butter in a matter of minutes? And Oh.My.God it is gooooorgeous

Throw dry roasted peanuts into a bender.

Blend. It goes bitsy

Keep blending.

It goes crumbly like breadcrumbs

Keep blending, and watch it go all creamy from the bottom up.

Leave as is or add a bit of honey for sweetness / depth of flavour.

TOTALLY delicious and honestly takes less than 5 minutes and no skill at all! I just used it to make the most divine king prawn satay curry.

peanut butter.jpg

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
2 of 20

You aren't the last as I never tried it. But I LOVE peanut butter (word is my mother was addicted to it when pregnant with me) so I'm going to give it a go!

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
3 of 20

And it smells heavingly ...

Ace Contributor
Filip S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
4 of 20

We've been making our own for quite a while, much cheaper and nicer than the store bought available over here.

If you want to take it to the next level, try a mix of two-thirds peanuts and one third hazelnuts, the roasted hazelnuts are a game changer.

Dont try to make it from hazelnuts alone, the higher fat content of hazelnuts makes the end result too runny.

Community Guru
5 of 20

I love peanut butter mainly in cooking Asian / Asian inspired food, try red thai rice cooked in coconut milk and peanut butter.... it tastes like you died and went to heaven...

I also use it as a treat / bribe / to give medicine to the dog / cats and with so many store bought peanut butters containing the deadly toxic (for animals) sweetener Xylitol it takes the stress out of it because I know exacrly what's in my peanut butter. And it so totally takes no time at all! Few things could be quicker or easier.

Will try the version with hazelnuts, but also cashews Smiley Happy

Community Guru
6 of 20

Also try it with a mix of peanuts and almonds.

Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
7 of 20

Wendy C wrote:

Or a mix of almonds and almonds. Smiley Happy I love almond butter. 

Community Guru
8 of 20

Renata S wrote:

Wendy C wrote:

What do you do with it?

Community Guru
9 of 20

Eat and/or cook with it - just like peanut butter. I would check before sharing it w/ pets ...

Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
10 of 20

Petra R wrote:

Renata S wrote:

Wendy C wrote:

What do you do with it?

I usually just have it on toast, but like peanut butter, you could probably use it in other recipes. If you're a dessert maker, think it might be interesting to put it between to of the layers in a torte (so you could have a nut layer in the middle of the cake). I think I might have tried it once in a salad dressing recipe (which was really nice).  

You can just experiment. OT, if I don't have pine nuts, I sometimes make pesto with almonds. And if I don't have fresh basil, I'll make a different kind of pesto with cilantro and almonds (or pumpkin seeds, which you can also grind into a butter). So you can kind of mix and match it like that. 

You're only limited by your imagination. 

Huffington Post has some suggestions:
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/almond-butter-recipes_us_5399117

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS