cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peanut Butter - homemade in 3 minutes

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
11 of 20

This will also go nice as a dip to Asian fresh spring rolls!

Add a little bit of hoisin, fresh chilis (if you want it a little hot), coconut milk (optional - if you want it a little creamy), and then some crushed peanuts (for a little bit of crunch). Yum yum, good for the tum!

Petra R wrote:

I love peanut butter mainly in cooking Asian / Asian inspired food, try red thai rice cooked in coconut milk and peanut butter.... it tastes like you died and went to heaven...

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
12 of 20

I LOVE peanut butter spread on apple slices.  Try it - wonderful!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 20

Mary W wrote:

I LOVE peanut butter spread on apple slices.  Try it - wonderful!

or on very, VERY mature Cheddar cheese!

or lots of it in a very hot Thai Curry

or on a spoon straight in mouth

It's divine stuff!

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
14 of 20

Petra R wrote:

I have no idea if I was the very last person in the universe to know that you can make home-made peanut butter in a matter of minutes? And Oh.My.God it is gooooorgeous

Throw dry roasted peanuts into a bender.

Blend. It goes bitsy

Keep blending.

It goes crumbly like breadcrumbs

Keep blending, and watch it go all creamy from the bottom up.

Leave as is or add a bit of honey for sweetness / depth of flavour.

TOTALLY delicious and honestly takes less than 5 minutes and no skill at all! I just used it to make the most divine king prawn satay curry.

I've been making my own for a long time - I use my food processor. I like peanut butter toast in the a.m., but also use it for lots of Asian dishes, like dipping sauce for Vietnamese spring rolls ... yum. And sometimes I just eat it by the spoonful.

Community Guru
15 of 20

Virginia F wrote:

And sometimes I just eat it by the spoonful.

To be honest one of the main reasons I make my own is because I can make just as much as I need for my recipe...... If I have a jar of peanut butter it sits there and calls me.... I use what I need for cooking and put it away, and then, after a glass of wine or two I hear it calling and.... I eat it.

ALL OF IT Smiley LOL

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
16 of 20

Petra R wrote:

Virginia F wrote:

And sometimes I just eat it by the spoonful.

To be honest one of the main reasons I make my own is because I can make just as much as I need for my recipe...... If I have a jar of peanut butter it sits there and calls me.... I use what I need for cooking and put it away, and then, after a glass of wine or two I hear it calling and.... I eat it.

ALL OF IT Smiley LOL

I understand ... but it is (or can be) a healthier alternative to other things I might shove in my face when hunger strikes. I like peanut butter and celery (no raisins) for instance - and that's better than reaching for something sugary or bready.

Ace Contributor
Yazid M Member Since: Jan 8, 2019
17 of 20

It's even better if you roast the peanuts a few minutes with a pan. And if you like it crunchy, then keep a few peanuts, cut'em into little chunks with a knife and add them at the end. The only difficulty is to keep the spoon away Smiley Happy

Community Guru
18 of 20

Yazid M wrote:

It's even better if you roast the peanuts a few minutes with a pan

I am lazy, I use roasted ones Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
19 of 20

Thanks for sharing though, to me, no cooking is easy and quick. Simply hate it. Even the filter one-minute coffee feels like it takes ages to make...

good to have someone to check all that is released out there, as always ;-) 

Ace Contributor
Yazid M Member Since: Jan 8, 2019
20 of 20

It's really easy to influence me when it comes with gluttony. This time, I've added honey (thanks for the idea btw) and it's absolutely delicious. I only have now to schedule a sports session.

peanut_butter_honey.jpgFat for your life

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS