Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Perhaps a stupid question...

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 19

Wendy C wrote:

Irene, from what I understand, sanitizing files deletes all editing.


It doesn't.

 

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
12 of 19

In the past, Upwork sanitizing has removed all redlines, which are crucial to what I do.  I just email or, if the document is large, use Dropbox.

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
13 of 19

Thanks...as usual, got exactly what I wanted. 

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
14 of 19

And I really do know how to spell 'verbiage' ....

 

ARGH -not enough coffee when I posted -

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 19

Mary W wrote:

In the past, Upwork sanitizing has removed all redlines, which are crucial to what I do.  I just email or, if the document is large, use Dropbox.


I've also had edited documents sanitized previously, but it does not happen every time.I have so far been unable to figure out how sometimes the tracked changes get messed with and other times they are not.


Also, the client can super-easily download the original now.

NOTHING is happening now that hasn't been happening for ages, only now we are 1) TOLD about it (which is a good thing) and 2) there is a link right next to the document to download the un-bu**ered with file. That's a good thing too, so all in all this is a step in the right direction.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
16 of 19

If editing / redlining is removed - even once - that is once too often.

I'm not a tech person and have no idea of why this happens (once, sometimes, or all the time) but it should NOT happen.

And, needless to say, alerting clients and contractors to the 'sanitization process' via a forum posting (and a poorly worded one at that) is insufficient. How many contractors - let alone clients - actually visit the forums?

'Nuf said ....

 

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
17 of 19

Petra R wrote:

Mary W wrote:

In the past, Upwork sanitizing has removed all redlines, which are crucial to what I do.  I just email or, if the document is large, use Dropbox.


I've also had edited documents sanitized previously, but it does not happen every time.I have so far been unable to figure out how sometimes the tracked changes get messed with and other times they are not.


Also, the client can super-easily download the original now.

NOTHING is happening now that hasn't been happening for ages, only now we are 1) TOLD about it (which is a good thing) and 2) there is a link right next to the document to download the un-bu**ered with file. That's a good thing too, so all in all this is a step in the right direction.


So, the very bad thing is over--the months during which some clients did not get some or all edits and neither party was aware of it.

 

I wonder how many disputes this has caused, with the client legitimately claiming the freelancer didn't do the work and the freelancer thinking the client was trying to cheat him/her.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
18 of 19

The only way to ensure that your files remain intact is to send them via different means. Your own email, Dropbox, etc. 

 

Community Leader
Valerio S Member Since: Oct 13, 2017
19 of 19

Nichola L wrote:

The only way to ensure that your files remain intact is to send them via different means. Your own email, Dropbox, etc. 


I completely agree, personally I use OneDrive, it gives me 1tb of space and full access to all Microsoft programs and I can share it with up to 5 people at the abysmal cost of 70$ per year.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS