cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition against community moderators...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
1 of 5

I call for a petition against community moderators...

...using sentences beginning in:  I am sorry to hear that...

It sounds so corporate! 😀

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

Rene,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way about the phrase "I'm sorry to hear that." Woman Wink

We could discuss that. Do you think Community members could in exchange not use "With all due respect but..." when replying to moderators?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 5

@Valeria K wrote:

Rene,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way about the phrase "I'm sorry to hear that." Woman Wink

We could discuss that. Do you think Community members could in exchange not use "With all due respect but..." when replying to moderators?

I like "with all due respect" because it is genuine and heartfelt, whether lots (of respect) is due, or none.

Personally I am absolutely allergic to "Sorry to hear about the inconvenience" stuff.

Empathy has to be real or let's not bother.

That said, I think all the mods deserve a Nobel Peace Prize for putting up with us at all.

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
4 of 5

I have to bang my head on the wall every time someone says they are taking actions.

'Sorry about the inconvenience' tends to float past me, but thanking someone for complaining makes my teeth hurt.

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
5 of 5

@Kim F wrote:

I have to bang my head on the wall every time someone says they are taking actions.

'Sorry about the inconvenience' tends to float past me, but thanking someone for complaining makes my teeth hurt.

Haha!

Well said, Kim. Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS