🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Petition against community moderators...
Page options
versailles
Community Member

Petition against community moderators...

I call for a petition against community moderators...

...using sentences beginning in:  I am sorry to hear that...

It sounds so corporate! 😀

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Rene,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way about the phrase "I'm sorry to hear that." Woman Wink

We could discuss that. Do you think Community members could in exchange not use "With all due respect but..." when replying to moderators?

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Rene,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way about the phrase "I'm sorry to hear that." Woman Wink

We could discuss that. Do you think Community members could in exchange not use "With all due respect but..." when replying to moderators?

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

Rene,

I like "with all due respect" because it is genuine and heartfelt, whether lots (of respect) is due, or none.

Personally I am absolutely allergic to "Sorry to hear about the inconvenience" stuff.

Empathy has to be real or let's not bother.

That said, I think all the mods deserve a Nobel Peace Prize for putting up with us at all.

kfarnell
Community Member

I have to bang my head on the wall every time someone says they are taking actions.

'Sorry about the inconvenience' tends to float past me, but thanking someone for complaining makes my teeth hurt.

@Kim F wrote:

I have to bang my head on the wall every time someone says they are taking actions.

'Sorry about the inconvenience' tends to float past me, but thanking someone for complaining makes my teeth hurt.

Haha!

Well said, Kim. Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
Latest Articles
Learning Paths