🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Petra will "love" this
Page options
shetani
Community Member

Petra will "love" this

2019-03-23_15-09-22.png

New promo for agencies when searching for freelancers?

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

Ines H wrote:

New promo for agencies when searching for freelancers?

headbang.gif

yitwail
Community Member

“Agencies have the brains to and brawn to tackle your next challenge for you.”

Maybe an agency wrote that? It should be “brains and brawn to”.

(edited: see below)

You tell 'em, John!

(Also: Unclear how often or in what manner any significant "brawn" comes into play via a platform that is dominated by cyber-work.)

Janean L wrote:

(Also: Unclear how often or in what manner any significant "brawn" comes into play.)

I'd hate to think this through to any even remotely probable conclusion...

yitwail
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Janean L wrote:

(Also: Unclear how often or in what manner any significant "brawn" comes into play.)

I did freelancer and job searches for "piano mover" and didn't come up with real hits, so perhaps there's a niche that's ripe for development.

John K wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Janean L wrote:

I did freelancer and job searches for "piano mover" and didn't come up with real hits, so perhaps there's a niche that's ripe for development.

Do a search for "piano mover with brawn" (brains don't matter). See if that helps.

I notice that announcement is another well-written directive from Upwork. Who is proofing this stuff, anyway?

Janean L wrote:

You tell 'em, John!

(Also: Unclear how often or in what manner any significant "brawn" comes into play via a platform that is dominated by cyber-work.)

I understand the "brawn" bit ... 

Janean L wrote:

You tell 'em, John!

Pencil (or electron) pushers love to describe their work as if were physical, even heroic. Compare "road warriors" for business travelers. Upwork seems to be using (presumably along with others in the business world) a rather silly metaphor for personpower, or head count.

The brawn to take on my challenges...okay, excellent...I really need my patio torn down. I could also use a bouncer at my door when salespeople come to call. I'm going to look for an agency here. I don't know why I never thought of this!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths