cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play time vs being serious time.

Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
1 of 9

I'm confused. Not because I'm a natural blonde or because I'm in my twilight years or because I'm just a bit 'off'... I'm genuinely confused. 

I want to know why some topics in the freelance section get filed in the coffee break section but some topics don't. So what topics belong in the coffee break room that aren't allowed in the freelancer room? 

No, I'm not being testy, I'm asking questions so I know the rules and don't have to worry about being filed away or edited without my knowledge. Smiley Happy 

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 9

Hi Mariska,

It's a good question and keep in mind there aren't hard and fast rules about what goes in one area versus another. As we know, some topics can span across topic areas or user segments. 

Generally, topics get posted to the Coffee Break area when they're unrelated to the Upwork platform and/or how work gets done here. There will be exceptions of course, but this is the general guideline to follow. 

Don't worry too much about getting it wrong though. Our team is here and can move threads if they land in the wrong place and are better suited elsewhere.

Community Guru
3 of 9

Hi Garnor, 

Just curious because the forum reminds of of some places I worked...

And I won't say anything more than that because if I get removed from the coffee room, I don't know what else there is but I got a shudder thinking about a dark and dusty smelling room where little red glowing orbs are floating 5 feet above me and I feel a chilly wind pass through my head even though there are no windows to be seen and I hear, or rather feel, a low rumbling voice that sounds like it came from the bowels of the earth calling my name... 

But thanks for the answer Garnor!!! Have a great day! Woman Very Happy

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 9

My friend worked at a place where they kept the server in the lunch room. We still LOL about that company.

Mariska, you should watch Office Space. It's a must see for anyone who has worked in a cubicle.

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
5 of 9
Hats off Mariska.

p.s. I hope some threads can get some similar attention in the freelancers forum.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
6 of 9

Thanks Setu! 

I have this awful addiction to the forums these days so I give lots of attention to the forums.. lol.. My poor FB account is starting to rust from lack of use... 

Woman Sad

Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
7 of 9

Mariska , why FB when the platform can provide a 3 -in- 1?

Here you can work , socialize and rant while getting applauded for it . :-)

Regards

NB: wrt the addiction thing , it's a current bug that is biting a lot of lancers - but this too shall pass.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
8 of 9

So Garnor

What you're saying is, usually threads will be moved to Coffee Break if they're not directly related to working on Upwork; but sometimes they'll be moved here anyway even if they are directly related to working on Upwork. And there's no point us worrying about this, because if it's going to happen it's going to happen.

That's how I read it, anyway, but feel free to clarify.

Community Guru
9 of 9

Mariska , why FB when the platform can provide a 3 -in- 1?

Here you can work , socialize and rant while getting applauded for it . :-)

That is all true Oreofe, but on Facebook I can swear if I want, I can be as opinionated as I want, I can rant til my fingers fall off and I have my in real life friends there plus some cool people I know only from there... They all know I'm a bit 'off' and they don't throw me down the stairs to the lunch room (Woman Wink),  they don't delete my posts because it contains sexual content or swear words or because I talk about pay, or hair, or music, or tv, etc etc.... so it's a bit more forgiving over there ... and bonus thing is that unless I put my stuff on public settings, no current, future or past client will know what my views are on life. It's much safer for me over there... not that I don't enjoy reading the usual suspects' posts...they know who they are... Smiley Wink but I need my long time people sometimes.. sniff... Woman Sad

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS