cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please be facetious

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
1 of 18

I  often feel like responding to forum posts with a wry or facetious comment, but usually refrain.  Now I've decided to start posting them here, where they won't cause offence. Please add your own. 

For starters...

Recent question: "How to find a stable job here?"

It's hard to imagine how you can care for horses over the internet. That said, plenty of sh*t gets shoveled on Upwork.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 18

Richard W wrote:

I  often feel like responding to forum posts with a wry or facetious comment, but usually refrain.

I don't (refrain, that is.... )

Smiley Happy

Community Guru
3 of 18

Petra R wrote:

Richard W wrote:

I  often feel like responding to forum posts with a wry or facetious comment, but usually refrain.

I don't (refrain, that is.... )

Smiley Happy

I've noticed. 😀

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
4 of 18

Richard W wrote:

I  often feel like responding to forum posts with a wry or facetious comment, but usually refrain.  Now I've decided to start posting them here, where they won't cause offence. Please add your own. 

For starters...

Recent question: "How to find a stable job here?"

It's hard to imagine how you can care for horses over the internet. That said, plenty of sh*t gets shoveled on Upwork.

Darn Richard, make me look up facetious! 

Community Guru
5 of 18

HiMartina P wrote:

It's one of my favourite words. It's well-known for having one of each vowel, in alphabetical order.

Still, if you asked me to define it, I'd struggle.

Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
6 of 18

Humans are not the only creatures capable of being facetious. Look at what Upwork just told me! JSS DAY.png

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 18

I actually remember when the Community Forum moderators created the New to Upwork section and cracked down regular Forum participants with regards to how we greeted certain new users. It was an adjustment for a number of us (mysef included), but it was the right move for the Forum and for the platform.

From time to time, I think most of us exhibit restraint in how we respond to new/less experienced Upwork users.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
8 of 18

Richard W wrote:

HiMartina P wrote:

It's one of my favourite words. It's well-known for having one of each vowel, in alphabetical order.

Still, if you asked me to define it, I'd struggle.

I not only looked it up, I listened to the pronounciating, both in US English, and UK English. Hilarious! My official new hobby...

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 18

One never ending source of amusment is the "I need to change my country" thread.

Not everyone, but the majority are just struggling to find a reason for their being in a country other than the one they stated on their profiles, such as "I have since moved to Otherland, but my profile is set to the country where I lived when I set up my account" to avoid having to say "I lied when I created my profile and stumbled over the need to give a phone number in the country I wanted to pretend to live in..."

Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
10 of 18

Well, Petra, I might be moving to another land pretty soon. Hope you'll help me!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS