cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please be facetious

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
11 of 18

Considering moving to Lalaland...not sure phones are allowed there...and addresses might be a tad confusing to boot.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
12 of 18

Petra R wrote:

One never ending source of amusment is the "I need to change my country" thread.

Not everyone, but the majority are just struggling to find a reason for their being in a country other than the one they stated on their profiles, such as "I have since moved to Otherland, but my profile is set to the country where I lived when I set up my account" to avoid having to say "I lied when I created my profile and stumbled over the need to give a phone number in the country I wanted to pretend to live in..."

Interestingly enough, most of those started out in the US, but then decided to move to outer Mongolia or similar such place....

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
13 of 18

Petra R wrote:

One never ending source of amusment is the "I need to change my country" thread.

It's funny cuz true. My favorite one is "I was on vacation when I did this." And you just think "uhhh, so you're out roaming a new country and enjoying the sites and just thought "oh, I'll sign up for Upwork!"

If you go back and click on profiles in that thread, 95% of them are suspended lol. Whenever a thread gets necro'd I like to see if the freelancer is still here and usually if it's something controversial, the profile is dead.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
14 of 18

Martina P wrote:

Richard W wrote:

HiMartina P wrote:

Darn Richard, make me look up facetious! 

It's one of my favourite words. It's well-known for having one of each vowel, in alphabetical order.

Still, if you asked me to define it, I'd struggle.

I not only looked it up, I listened to the pronounciating, both in US English, and UK English. Hilarious! My official new hobby...

"Pronunciation" in both UK and US English ... Smiley Wink

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
15 of 18

Self-censored, as I think I may have gone a bit too far, even for the Coffee Break forum!

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
16 of 18

Richard W wrote:

Self-censored, as I think I may have gone a bit too far, even for the Coffee Break forum!

I thought it was funny! It came up in my emails before you self-edited. I would have added the source of the tune though, as that part  would have escaped a few readers! 

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
17 of 18

Nichola L wrote:

Richard W wrote:

I thought it was funny! It came up in my emails before you self-edited. I would have added the source of the tune though, as that part  would have escaped a few readers! 

Well, perhaps it would be safe to just say that the question, "What should I do with a rude client?", posted by a freelancer, reminded me of a certain sea shanty beginning "What shall we do with..."

Ace Contributor
Christopher H Member Since: Feb 1, 2019
18 of 18

Maybe not facetious, but this seems like the right place for it...I am constantly amazed at the number of job postings that refer at length to the attached file, when there is in fact no attached file!?!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS