cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poetic Justice?

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
1 of 10
Maybe it's evil but I just had to laugh when I read this job post. It was from someone looking for help writing an appeal letter because he has been charged with academic dishonesty. Apparently, he was caught having other people write his assignments for him. And when you look at his previous job posts, most of them are for school assignments. I am tempted to send his oDesk profile to the school. I know his school because he was smart enough to upload the official complaint against him detailing not only the complaint but also the name of the school, his real name and the names of his professors. I probably won't but the temptation is there.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
2 of 10
Go on, you know you want to Smiley Happy
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
3 of 10
i'd take Stephen's advice. it's been done before, mind you.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
4 of 10
He's already interviewing someone so could close the job soon.
Ace Contributor
Aleah T Member Since: Mar 25, 2010
5 of 10
He already hired someone for it (through another job post) but I wouldn't worry about his professors/the dean knowing about it. I'm pretty sure they already know. Smiley Wink
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
6 of 10
I guess he didn't like anyone he got from the first job posting because he posted it again. He did hire someone for the job from the previous posting but I guess they weren't able to come up with a convincing case explaining why he had people write his reports for him. At least this time he was smart enough not to include the confidential report from his university outlining his academic dishonesty.
Ace Contributor
Aleah T Member Since: Mar 25, 2010
7 of 10
And I guess the person he previously hired refunded the hours she worked on the appeal letter, as her name is no longer in the client's job history. Poor client (not); doesn't he know that his university already knew of his contracts here in oDesk? Merece!
Ace Contributor
Nicole H Member Since: Nov 15, 2007
8 of 10
It reminds me of this study done that found that the stupidest people aren't aware how stupid they are. The classic example they gave was a bank robber who was told that if he rubbed his face with lemon juice he would be invisible. When he got caught, he didn't understand why he had gotten caught. This guy probably truly thinks he can get around this with a plagiarized appeal.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
9 of 10
I wonder if he read and understood the work other people did for him. Imagine if they wrote complete nonsense and he handed it in to his professors.
Ace Contributor
Nicole H Member Since: Nov 15, 2007
10 of 10
Probably not in his case, but some of the professors here are so overworked that the students assume they won't read their papers anyway. One of my colleagues told me how some students will write one paragraph and then copy and paste it over and over, assuming the professors won't read more than the first paragraph before just giving it a grade. She told her students she would read every single paper from start to finish (and she had about 850 of them to read) and warned them not try such tricks but some didn't believe her and tried it anyway.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS