🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Preventing Clients Wasting Their Money
Page options
resultsassoc
Community Member

Preventing Clients Wasting Their Money

Every week there is at least one job post asking for someone to help raise money from Venture Capital firms. I rarely respond; when I do it is to discourage the prospective client from wasting money pursuing VC investment, and tell him where else to look. No one ever believes me, they're all sure they'll see VC cash. I have yet to see a request that would make it past first-level VC screening.

This can't be the only area in which clients are spending money in fruitless pursuits. "Ghostwrite artikuls I can post in New York Timz." "Make my new sports team measurement as widely used as FICO" (that was a real one). There have to be more.

I don't want to discourage clients from coming to Upwork. I would prefer to encourage them to come to Upwork and post jobs that will help them make money.

1 REPLY 1
reinierb
Community Member

@Bill H wrote:

Every week there is at least one job post asking for someone to help raise money from Venture Capital firms. I rarely respond; when I do it is to discourage the prospective client from wasting money pursuing VC investment, and tell him where else to look. No one ever believes me, they're all sure they'll see VC cash. I have yet to see a request that would make it past first-level VC screening.

This can't be the only area in which clients are spending money in fruitless pursuits. "Ghostwrite artikuls I can post in New York Timz." "Make my new sports team measurement as widely used as FICO" (that was a real one). There have to be more.

I don't want to discourage clients from coming to Upwork. I would prefer to encourage them to come to Upwork and post jobs that will help them make money.

...and us, of course.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths