🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Procrastination - show me your views........
Page options
jolouburn
Community Member

Procrastination - show me your views.........please!

Honestly, I'm procrastinating!

Too warm to work Smiley LOL

Plus I have this view Smiley Happy

What's your view like when you work?

31 REPLIES 31
petra_r
Community Member

Depends where I work....

Currently my view is like thisIMG_7840.jpg

looking down is like this     IMG_8078.jpg

When I look out   IMG_7106.jpg

the "outside office"  IMG_7010.JPG

Wowsers Petra - amazing view!

And the pooch and cat are just too cute :smileyhappyIMG_1105.JPG

The view I get when I look up from my computer. Doesn't necessarily make me procrastinate, but does make me giggle.

36319098_10211383467852111_3578687504032727040_n.jpg

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

The view I get when I look up from my computer. Doesn't necessarily make me procrastinate, but does make me giggle.

36319098_10211383467852111_3578687504032727040_n.jpg

This is how I'd like to live the rest of my life. . .

versailles
Community Member

Drunk.jpg

I know. Leave me alone!

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Whenever I look at the wall behind my screen, I can admire my collection of postcards.IMG_20180628_005234.jpg

versailles
Community Member

Occasionally, when I'm not busy being drunk, I would see this in front of me:

SummerSummer

WinterWinter

-----------

I'll maybe go out and buy a camera to take picture of my views when I'm done procrastinating...  

It's so hot here that I can't think.  Can't go outside.  Can't concentrate, although the AC is blasting.

82 °F here. But I live by the woods so it's easier to bear.

We are bracing for temperatures above 93 this weekend.

-----------

@Rene K wrote:

Only 34 deg Celsius? Then again, anything above freezing point is too hot for me. 

@Rene K wrote:

Same here. I wonder why I moved to Norway in the first place...

I've just idiotically pressure washed my patio in the Italian sun, got shouted at by the neighbours who are trying to watch Soccer on the telly in the garden, and went in to lie down because I think I might have a bit of sun / heat / something-stroke.

Now my view is a wall. With a gecko on it that refuses to be caught because he thinks I'll give him (back) to the cats I rescued him from.

Photos next week when the new camera arrives 😄

I've had my fancy smartphone for five months now, and am unable to make it take a picture of anything other than the inside of my pocket. I have a large portfolio.

I'll write a better response tomorrow, or next week, or some time.

jolouburn
Community Member

My view today! No garden for me or the pooches as the ginger ninja is poorly. A touch of sunstroke I think!Please excuse the fluff, death of a teddy occurred!Please excuse the fluff, death of a teddy occurred!IMG_2852.JPGIMG_2851.JPG

96 F here today - "feels like" 103 f.  Too hot to translate to Celsius - how very ethnocentric of me.  Certainly too hot to take a picture of my view, which is my wilting patio plants that I water twice every day.

Mary, I don't know how you survive. It's only about 86 f. here and I am melting. I'l try and take a pic of hardier roses tomorrow. 

Seeing all these pics with the dogs/cats and their humans makes me think I just 'might' be normal...Besides that, freezing my backside off (I was not made for the cold and it is winter in the southern hemisphere). Procrastination at the moment is...I need to go plant those veggie seedlings....yeah....when it's not so cold...they NEED to be planted out of those trays!...yeah but it's cold..

And then someone comes home and I go "Sweetie....!!!.....(not knowing who it is)....could you make me some tea?????"

Tomorrow in Iraq: 123 F | 51 C 😨

20180705_175627.png

At least the humidity is low!  LOL.  Someone always has it worse...

@Wassim T wrote:

Tomorrow in Iraq: 123 F | 51 C 😨

Are you in Irak Wassim?

-----------

ooops

No, I've never been to Iraq before, but I heard the news just today and this is one of the hottest temperatures ever recorded on earth.

Just like Mary, my enemy is humidity. Living on the coast is wonderful, but that's the price you pay in summer. I actually like it when it's hot, but not humid!

I actually don't mind the humidity, except when it's combined with the heat.

That's exactly what I meant, Mary.

We've (Central, Illinois) had several Heat Advisories recently.  The humidity has been horrible.  Yesterday the temps were in the 90's; the highest heat index I was aware of was 111.  Last year we actually had a heat index of 130 at least once.  

We don't really have 4 seasons any longer.  Spring this year was maybe 2 days-honest.  Oh well, we're not large, old trees; we could always move.  Needless to say it's been discussed many times for many reasons.

I'm with those of you that are ok with heat but can't stand high humidity.  I hate to wish my life away, but COME ON FALL!!! 

I could never go back to the winters in the Midwest.  I would rather have a four month heat wave every year than go back to sub-zero temperatures and heavy snowfalls.  Actually, that's exactly why I moved south.  Cannot tolerate hard winters and fortunately, I don't have to!

Mary, I'm not a big fan of Winter.  However, overall our Winter's have become more mild.  I don't mind some cold and snow but hate ice.

I'm not a fan of high heat and high humidity either.  It feels just plain uncomfortable to me; perhaps especially since I have mild C.O.P.D.

Also, I don't prefer the idea of hurricanes; although we have tornadoes so...  I had a good friend (since passed) that went through a hurricane in North Carolina and a tornado in Missouri and actually said that all of the way around he found the hurricane less devastating than the tornado.  Bottom line I guess there's no "perfect" place.  Of course the definition of perfect varies per individual.           

I don't much care for July and August here, not so much because of the heat (I just stay under the aircon) but because of the tourists. My place is in a building with mainly second homes, Of the 8 apartments 5 are empty 10+ months a year, including the one above me and the one I share an internal wall with. In fact "my" half of the building is empty almost all year round and the lady I share a garden hedge with is lovely and has even more cats than I do.

In August, however, the tourists fall in like locusts and it gets noisy and busy and the beach is full and so are the restaurants and shops and roads. I literally can not WAIT until September.

I am seriously considering going an hour inland and renting a remote lodge in the mountains for July and August next year... I saw one last year and it was gorgeous, plus it's cooler (relatively) up there and there are views and wildlife... I recently bought my dream lens for my camera and my dream / life ambition is to photograph a bear or a wolf or a lynx and they all live up there...

I have this all within an hour's drive...

Petra, have never been to your part of Italy but I know it's gorgeous.  I would head to the mountains if I were you!  If I could afford two places, I would summer in Milwaukee and winter down here but I can't so I won't.  Sigh.

Petra, I totally agree with you, can't stand mass tourism season. I feel very sorry for people who are told they must spend money to have the pleasure of being  part of a crowd of tourists, to buy trinkets that were made in China, and to meet only other tourists as the 'natives' have chosen to run away.

Wish they had the good sense to stay away from those traps.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths