Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Picture Dilemma

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sujan S Member Since: Aug 14, 2015
1 of 8

Hello,

Someone today commented that I need to change my profile picture when asked about tips about getting jobs here.

So does it not align with upwork rules coz I really don't have a better one than this !!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Hanna N Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
2 of 8

Basically, what UpWork wants is a passport-picture where you smile (although preferably in colour.)

https://www.upwork.com/blog/2014/10/how-to-guide-perfect-profile-picture/

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 8

Personally, I think your profile pic is fine. But that's me! If Upwork is telling you to change it, then ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 8

re: "So does it not align with upwork rules coz I really don't have a better one than this !!"

I don't think your photo is that bad.

But if Upwork tells you to post a new one, post a new one.

Do what it takes to get a new photo taken. I looked at your profile and noticed that you don't live in the year 1838, before photography was invented. There are contractors who live within a 2-kilometer radius of you who have posted really GREAT profile photos within the past few weeks. Figure it out.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 8

@Preston H wrote:

re: "So does it not align with upwork rules coz I really don't have a better one than this !!"

I don't think your photo is that bad.

But if Upwork tells you to post a new one, post a new one.

It's not upwork. it's someone from community !  Thanks for replying Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Julian J Member Since: Aug 5, 2008
6 of 8

Your profile picture doesn't break any Upwork rules. As for their guidelines, they are just that, guidelines.

Personally I think it matches with your role as a strategist. It has visionary/strategic character about it that makes you look like a real pro. Keep it.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
7 of 8

@Julian J wrote:

Your profile picture doesn't break any Upwork rules. As for their guidelines, they are just that, guidelines.

Personally I think it matches with your role as a strategist. It has visionary/strategic character about it that makes you look like a real pro. Keep it.

Thanks, those were really inspiring words Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
8 of 8

It depends on how you want to be seen by clients.  My profile picture is different, because I want to be seen as a bit creative.

On other sites where I want to project an image that is less "creative" I use a different picture.  It is still different than the passport-type photo that most people recommend....but you do want to stand out a bit..right?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS