🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Project code words?
Page options
renata101
Community Member

Project code words?

I once moved to a city during a particularly low-occupancy period. After a while, I started being able to "read into" the language people were using to promote particularly questionable apartments.

Cozy = too small for someone with furniture or personal effects
Quaint = strange, non-standard layout
Charming = close to quaint but with additional weird features thrown in.

I find these types of euphemisms when I look at invites and job postings. I know the ones in my field. I'm just curious what the code words are for other people.

44 REPLIES 44
jodypm
Community Member

"SEO Guru" = "We'll expect you to get our site on page one of SERPs organically."

renata101
Community Member

Jody P wrote:

"SEO Guru" = "We'll expect you to get our site on page one of SERPs organically."

I guess "organically" means using only high-grade manure (BS) as opposed to chemical fertilizers. 

jodypm
Community Member

Renata S wrote:

Jody P wrote:

I guess "organically" means using only high-grade manure (BS) as opposed to chemical fertilizers. 

Hi Renata,

LOL, you're exactly right, and we can blame these false hopes of magical SEO on the shady SEO 'experts' out there that promise these types of things. Matt Cutts (yes, Matt Cutts, ahem, Jennifer), used to call these SEO promises "Snake oil salesmen products." The real SEO pros will tell a client very quickly that it takes time and effort -- and a lots of it. I wouldn't want that job.

Jody PM

renata101
Community Member

@jodypm wrote:

Renata S wrote:

Jody P wrote:

Hi Renata,

LOL, you're exaclty right, and we can blame these false hopes of magical SEO on the shady SEO 'experts' out there that promise these types of things. Matt Cutts (yes, Matt Cutts, ahem, Jennifer), used to call these SEO promises "Snake oil salesmen products." The real SEO pros will tell a client very quickly that it takes time and effort -- and a lots of it. I wouldn't want that job.

Jody PM

@Jody

Nice to see you back, by the way. What's cooking in your corner of the world? Please post recipes. 🙂 

jodypm
Community Member

Renata S wrote:

@jodypm wrote:

Renata S wrote:

Jody P wrote:

Hi Renata,

LOL, you're exaclty right, and we can blame these false hopes of magical SEO on the shady SEO 'experts' out there that promise these types of things. Matt Cutts (yes, Matt Cutts, ahem, Jennifer), used to call these SEO promises "Snake oil salesmen products." The real SEO pros will tell a client very quickly that it takes time and effort -- and a lots of it. I wouldn't want that job.

Jody PM

@Jody

Nice to see you back, by the way. What's cooking in your corner of the world? Please post recipes. 🙂 

Hi Renata,

Yes, it's good to hear from you again as well. I think that after the last few hurricanes, I sort of became restless. We're now over in the Tampa area, and simply love it here. You would think that no one would ever want to leave South Florida, but trust me, it's amazing how many Miamenses we have on this side of the coast that moved here for some of the same reasons that we did.

As for recipes lately, I've been eating a lot of Arabic food and am simply in love with the flavors, the often complex layout that can accompany it, and the traditional recipes that have been in existence since the time before Josephus even thought about becoming a Roman.

It is quite amazing how underrated Arabic food is by the general American public, but once you delve in, there's really no turning back as an entire culinary world opens up before you. My favorite, hands down, is Zahra Mekleyah (fried cauliflower that we enjoy with pita). But homemade Tahini sauce, Labneh, and Mansaf are usually on the agenda or somewhere within easy reach. 

And although I am of course forever attached to Cuban coffee, Arabic coffee gives it a run for its money, if you can do without the espumita. And since it's taken in demitasse cups like cafecito or espresso, it just feels like part of the familia.

OK, in re the recipes, I'll find a way to mosey on over there, it's "Re: Soul Food Kitchen - What's on Your Menu?", right?

Best regards,

Jody PM

Latest Articles
Learning Paths