🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Rate tip for the ages!
Page options
browersr
Community Member

Rate tip for the ages!

I am used to seeing high rate tips show up, but this one took my breath away.....

rate tip.JPG

14 REPLIES 14
akbgill
Community Member

HaHaHa really it's Like Super Human Hourly rate....

mystudiomke
Community Member

Wow! lol what was the job for?

Lila
keenwebdesigns
Community Member

Smiley LOL Good luck with that rate haha, don't we all wish

wlyonsatl
Community Member

And an alrogithm similar to the Rate Tip algorithm that generated that silly suffested rate will soon be determining how many connects will be needed to submit proposals on all new projects. 

Where do Upwork's algorithm developers go to school? Tooth Fairy U.?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Scott, 

Could you please send me a private message with the link to this job post so that I can check if this is as designed? 

~ Avery
Upwork
browersr
Community Member

Hi Avery -

Unfortunately I don't recall which one it belonged to anymore. I know it has only been 4-5 days but I had a bunch and just don't recall which was which for this rate tip. If I see something like this again, I'll PM you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know, Scott! I'll be sure to check my private messages from time to time.

~ Avery
Upwork
browersr
Community Member

Hey Avery -

I sent you a PM. I went back into history and found two based on timing that would be the strongest candidates for that rate tip to have come from.

Thanks.

petra_r
Community Member

I wonder why I never had a rate tip?

I wouldn't want them, because my hourly rate is my current hourly rate and that's it - end of story, I never bid anything other than my profile rate, but seriously, am I the only one who is spared, or do you have to be kinda special to get them?

Petra R wrote:

I wouldn't want them, because my hourly rate is my current hourly rate and that's it - end of story, I never bid anything other than my profile rate, but seriously, am I the only one who is spared, or do you have to be kinda special to get them?

I remeber I got one when I was new here, but can't remember seeing any rate tip for any job I've applied to for the last 2 years. But I also agree with you, don't need it anyway.

Scott, you should send that rate tip to the clown you referenced with the $2 p/h job.

Petra R wrote:

I see them often, I never follow them. I sometimes bid a little above my profile rate, depending on the nature and scope of the work. Maybe that attracts them. 

browersr
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

I want to say that I get them on over 50% of projects. They are trivial to disregard and they don't auto populate in the rate box. I generally just smile when I see them. For me they tend to equate closer with local projects than UW ones. However, this rate was just too special not to share. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, Scott!

I sent it to the team to be looked into further. Robot Happy

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths