🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Really annoying
Page options
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Really annoying

What is more annoying than finding job posts that need to be flagged?  Taking the time to flag them, only to be told that "Flagging is not available"...try again later".

Really? What is wrong with this picture?  I take my time to flag something - with very complete explanations, no less - and it doesn't happen.

12 REPLIES 12
prestonhunter
Community Member

If I had a website which had a core function that relies on the good will of users providing me with FREE LABOR... and then I found out that this was broken and my site was BLOCKING my users from providing free labor... I would want to fix that immediately.

AndreaG

Hi Mary,

I tried but was not able to replicate the issue you're describing. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

Please let me know,

~Andrea
Upwork

Yes, I cleared everything, etc., etc. and it's still happening.  Yesterday, too, although yesterday I was able to flag a couple of hours later.  Today it's been 3-4 hours and still occurring.

Andrea, I just sent you a pm with the job details.  Maybe you could flag it for me??

Thanks for sending me more information, Mary. We've been checking and it appears the option doesn't work only for that one job posting. However, just to confirm, could you please try flagging a different post and let us know if you receive the same error?
And I'll certainly forward your report about the job you weren't able to flag to the team. We appreciate it.

~Andrea
Upwork

Pity the poor client who has a job posting that was randomly flagged because Mary followed your instructions to "try flagging another post"

Sheesh

No worries, Cheryl. No action is taken against a client's account if no TOS violation is found when the team reviews the report.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Flagging seems to be working on other job posts.  Odd.

So, Mary, how much otherwise-billable time have you invested in this good deed so far?

Christine, I refuse to think about it but the one case a few days ago took a good bit of time.

Andrea G wrote:

Hi Mary,

I tried but was not able to replicate the issue you're describing. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

Please let me know,

I understand, that you didn't come up with the advice to clear cache and cookies, you were told to say so to everyone, who's experiecing problems with the site. But this advice is just terrible. It's the result of poor web coding. That you're constantly changing and changing things here without making them stable. Is Upwork still unlucky in finding good developers? Or probably it's the CTO. Often, the developers are fine, but the management is **Edited for Community Guidelines** .

I am also unable to flag some inappropriate postings. These have all been freelancers who have mistakenly posted as clients. 

http://prntscr.com/112yczq

I do wish Upwork would do something about this.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths