🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Red Circle with Number - Editing Profile Desc...
Page options
lindsaydnichols
Community Member

Red Circle with Number - Editing Profile Description

Noticed there is a red circle with a number inside of it, down in the bottom right corner of the text box where I am updating my profile description. Assuming it's good, since there is also a smiley face. As I continued to write, it changed from a 3 to a 4. What does it all mean?

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 10.10.58 AM.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Lindsay N wrote:

Noticed there is a red circle with a number inside of it, down in the bottom right corner of the text box where I am updating my profile description. Assuming it's good, since there is also a smiley face. As I continued to write, it changed from a 3 to a 4. What does it all mean?

It's Grammarly unhelpfully trying to tell you your spelling and/or grammar are not correct. You can turn it off. You may find more info by clicking on the circles.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Lindsay N wrote:

It's Grammarly unhelpfully trying to tell you your spelling and/or grammar are not correct. You can turn it off. You may find more info by clicking on the circles.

Oh, ok - that makes sense. So the higher the number, the better? I did some editing and got the number up to 13...

Lindsay N wrote:

Oh, ok - that makes sense. So the higher the number, the better? I did some editing and got the number up to 13...

No, that means it thinks that there are 13 mistakes... Click on it, it should show you the mistakes

Wow! Thank you so much. I'm obviuosly new to Grammarly. Love the added tool here and thankful for this community. Appreciate it a lot.

Petra R wrote:

Lindsay N wrote:

No, that means it thinks that there are 13 mistakes... Click on it, it should show you the mistakes

I kind of like the idea of a high score though. We need a leaderboard!

My grammarly doesn't work anymore. Somehow it's disabled but I can't figure out how to turn it back on. My grammar is awful and I need to get it back. If anybody know how to enable it, please let me know. I don't get anything at all anymore, in the bottom right of the text area when submitting proposals.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths