🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Request to Find a Missing Person !
Page options
timefighter11
Community Member

Request to Find a Missing Person !

It's happening that a client sends me an offer and then go missing. Returns after exactly one month and 11 days, sends me one text and ask me to complete the project (that I have already ended long time ago) and goes missing again. Has anyone found that man? If so, please report me !  Smiley LOL

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

So what's the problem? Do the work if you haven't already, so you get paid automatically...

Petra R wrote:

So what's the problem? Do the work if you haven't already, so you get paid automatically...

I am even get paid. But it's so weird for someone to behave like this.

Don't think about it like a "missing person."

It is like this:

I went to a restaurant. I ordered food, ate, paid and left.

I told the waiter the food was great.

But I didn't go back there to eat the next day.

Or the next week.

I didn't return until four months later. And then I finally ordered the blueberry pie I had seen on the menu during my first visit.

Was I missing for four months?

Preston H wrote:

Don't think about it like a "missing person."

It is like this:

I went to a restaurant. I ordered food, ate, paid and left.

I told the waiter the food was great.

But I didn't go back there to eat the next day.

Or the next week.

I didn't return until four months later. And then I finally ordered the blueberry pie I had seen on the menu during my first visit.

Was I missing for four months?

It is like this:

I went to a restaurant, called the waiter to order food.
When he came, I told him that I wanted to eat blueberry pie.
Before waiter asked me for more details, I paid and left. 
After four months, when I returned to same restaurent, I asked them to give me the dish that I ordered months before. Before they went to take that, I left the restaurant again without saying for months. 
And restaurant kept wondering where were I ?
They put a notice to find me as they really wanted to deliver blueberry pie to me for that I had already paid.

Now I am hungry.

Preston H wrote:

Now I am hungry.

C'mon, what are you waiting for? Collect your "Blackberry Pie". It's ready ! Smiley Tongue

I   talked to many friends on Upwork that been through something like this that the client later on disputed the payment saying he doesn' t  needs the project completed anymore. This hassle of going through a dispute. 

Doina B wrote:

I   talked to many friends on Upwork that been through something like this that the client later on disputed the payment saying he doesn' t  needs the project completed anymore. This hassle of going through a dispute. 

Fortunately, the client turned out to be a nice and a decent person.
And so far, I have not gone through a dispute with any of my client. 
I was paid already but I was waiting for my client to return as it was not fair for me to take money without doing anything. I helped him with the best of what I can when he returned. Such behavior will never let anyone to experience the hassle of disputes.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths