cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPIRITUALLY HEALTHY

Morita B Member Since: Apr 29, 2014
1 of 19
Hello fellow oDeskers, To you agree if I will say "we must be spiritually healthy if we seek true happiness?" I knew we all have different religion here and we believed different gods. I am not pointing to any religions but I know you want real happiness. We cannot buy true happiness because real happiness is peace, freedom, joy, justice and love. If you lack one of it you cannot be completely happy. Now the question is, where can I find those qualities? Whether you believe it or not, I proved it true, what Jesus Christ told to his disciples is still applicable in our time. At Mathew 5:3 he said: Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need, since the Kingdom of the heavens belongs to them. Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need... This also means that we need to take time for our spiritual needs in order to be happy. Please feel free to ask if you wanted to know more about living a healthy lifestyle. Stay healthy fellow oDeskers!!!
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
2 of 19
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
3 of 19
You're assuming that there's a $deity that will sort your problems out. Sorry. Probably won't happen.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
4 of 19
"I knew we all have different religion here and we believed different gods. I am not pointing to any religions but I know you want real happiness." So if you're not pointing to any religion, why quote from the Bible?
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
5 of 19
[quote]real happiness is peace, freedom, joy, justice and love[/quote] As much as evangelism gets on my tits, I cannot argue with a single syllable of the above. Equality should be in there somewhere though.
Community Guru
6 of 19
Couldn't agree more Darren - what I don't like is when that then gets ascribed to a particular religion, when actually it's just a recipe for spiritual happiness, irrespective of religion (or lack of it).
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
7 of 19
Stephen, please define 'spiritual'.... I have always equated 'spiritual' to a belief in some religion, of which i have none.
Maria Rosa M Member Since: May 24, 2014
8 of 19
Joseph C, I would define spiritual as the awareness a person has about the existence of something greater than him or herself. The feeling of being part of something greater. The acknowledgement of us all being connected with everything in the Universe. Religion, in opposition, is an organization of politics and power, where each religion usually determines that your connection to a God, needs to exist through them; the church as the means to live that spirituality. Religions speak about rules and things forbidden. Spirituality is about your own level of consciousness... The higher your level of consciousness, the higher your love for everyone and everything in the world. So for example, you can have no belief in any religion at all, and still be very spiritual, because you act not because of fear and following a moral code, but because of your very own consciousness, and love. Consciousness equals at the end unconditional love.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
9 of 19
To know that we are connected with everything in the Universe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtWB90bVUO8
Community Guru
10 of 19
"Stephen, please define 'spiritual'.... I have always equated 'spiritual' to a belief in some religion, of which i have none." I believe Maria has just done it for me admirably and perfectly. Thanks Maria OK - here's an example... I sit on the rocks watching the sunset at my favourite spot in the whole world (that I know...) in Co. Clare. I think "isn't it wondrously beautiful and doesn't it make you happy to be alive..." A religious person can sit on those same rocks (or their own favourite place) and think "isn't (insert the deity you've signed up to) wonderful for making this so wondrously beautiful. So the way I see it, I'm just cutting out the middle man. Spirituality is available to anyone without having to sign up to any set of rules or be humbly subservient to anything or anyone.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS