cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPIRITUALLY HEALTHY

Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
11 of 19
Yes Maria did explain it very well. Your example does does show that 'Spiritual' may exist outside of a religion. Thank you.
Morita B Member Since: Apr 29, 2014
12 of 19
Hi Stephen, Thank you, I quoted from the bible because even Muslims used the scriptures. in their Holy Book called Koran there was a statement of their Allah that "Man will not live by bread alone but also to obey Allah's commandments"... that means their spirituality. And Even the Pope used Bible and Pentecostal and Orthodox even Hindu and Buddhist, Shintoist ect. ect. But we know also that they also have another beliefs. Almost all ten thousand major religion used the scripture but Religious leaders inculcate their own teaching to their members. They taught twisted bible teaching just to justify their own mistakes. I can name hundreds of example but I know this forum is for interchanging of encouragement not dispute.
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
13 of 19
Can you tell me more about how to live a spiritually healthy lifestyle? I now worry I'm living a spiritually unhealthy one, and am requesting the advice you promised. I await your instruction with an open heart and mind... Ramon Battershall
Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
14 of 19
Can I still be spiritual even if I have not quit smoking yet? Is smoking blocking the light from entering my soul? Will my meditations improve after I quit? I feel guilty because I have this bad habit still. I have been meditating for 10 months daily but I would like to know if the universe/creator is withholding ultimate joy until I stop smoking. I am beginning to experience peace but I have not found joy yet. Name unknown Response: A spiritual life is not finished product. It is not a snapshot of sainthood that one either fits or doesn’t. Spirituality is an orientation toward and dedication to outgrowing the old, limited versions of yourself into a more conscious, present, loving and wiser version. That process does not happen uniformly across all aspects of our life, so as we may be expanding our awareness in certain areas of our emotions and understanding, some recalcitrant physical habits like smoking, may still be holding on in other areas. Be patient with yourself in this and in other aspects of life that may not be changing as quickly as you think they should. That loving and accepting attitude is a better indicator of your spirituality than smoking itself. There are plenty of ex-smokers who aren’t the least bit interested in spirituality, and at the other end of the spectrum, I can think of two enlightened saints in India who never even bothered to stop smoking, and it didn’t stand in the way of their awakening. But that said, a patient and gentle will be the best way approach to changing your old habits in the long run. Love, Deepak
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
15 of 19
[quote=Morita B.]Hello fellow oDeskers, To you agree if I will say "we must be spiritually healthy if we seek true happiness?" I knew we all have different religion here and we believed different gods. I am not pointing to any religions but I know you want real happiness. We cannot buy true happiness because real happiness is peace, freedom, joy, justice and love. If you lack one of it you cannot be completely happy. Now the question is, where can I find those qualities? Whether you believe it or not, I proved it true, what Jesus Christ told to his disciples is still applicable in our time. At Mathew 5:3 he said: Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need, since the Kingdom of the heavens belongs to them. Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need... This also means that we need to take time for our spiritual needs in order to be happy. Please feel free to ask if you wanted to know more about living a healthy lifestyle. Stay healthy fellow oDeskers!!![/quote] Well, I don't think anyone can know or even find "true" happiness. I just asked an elderly lady here to define true happiness and none of those that you stated were in her explanation. Her answers seemed all about 'self', as in selfish. That is the way her answers came across to me. All of those you listed are abstract ideals, thoughts, feelings.....
Morita B Member Since: Apr 29, 2014
16 of 19
Hi Joseph C, How about you? do you think all I mentioned are abstract and just like in a dream? We must be better if we know ourselves rather than relying our beliefs to the opinion of others. God grants us intelligence and freewill, we must use it wisely for our own benefit.
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
17 of 19
is the only place where you will find spirituality at its purest, devoid of any religion biases... just one with the simplicity and beauty of the world that the experience is humbling enough to make you feel how truly blessed you really are. Take a hike, y'all... as in climb a mountain, swim a river or bathe in a waterfalls and all those adventure off the beaten path.. only then you will be ONE with the universe Smiley Wink Then, come back here and talk about 'spirituality' without quoting the Bible et al.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
18 of 19
A platform full of creative people, and no one mentions music, art or poetry?
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
19 of 19
i thought this was all about religion.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS