🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Scam postings for the past 4 days
Page options
mystudiomke
Community Member

Scam postings for the past 4 days

Upwork fam,

I have been seeing these all weekend (over 4+ post per day). I flagged one and I did get the automated email saying "thanks for flagging". Can someone that works for Upwork confirm this is a scam?  Normally I just flag them and move on but it is consistently on my feed.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Anyways, happy Monday to you all! Smiley Happy

Lila
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nichola,

It's because the job is posted for a short period of time by our engineers to test a feature or try and replicate an issue. We are currently working with the team to make sure such jobs aren't posted publicly in the marketplace as we understand seeing a job like that is very confusing.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
i3solutionsltd
Community Member

218 jobs posted

72 hires, 9 active

$0 total spent

Great

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Lila and Bala,

Sorry about the confusion. This job is not a scam but it is what it says it is in the description. It's a test job that's posted for a short period of time. Please, don't apply to jobs like that.

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Lila and Bala,

Sorry about the confusion. This job is not a scam but it is what it says it is in the description. It's a test job that's posted for a short period of time. Please, don't apply to jobs like that.

Valeria, if the job is not a scam, why should a freelancer not apply for it? 

Nichola,

It's because the job is posted for a short period of time by our engineers to test a feature or try and replicate an issue. We are currently working with the team to make sure such jobs aren't posted publicly in the marketplace as we understand seeing a job like that is very confusing.

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

Nichola,

I see (I think I do). So can you just confirm to those freelancers who did reply to this 'accidental' non job - this non-scam job - that their connects were returned to them?

I have to say, that if UW is posting dodgy jobs and people are responding, it just adds to the uncertaintly of bidding on jobs at all, or indeed flagging them. Or maybe it just adds to the excitement. 

Does Upwork post lots and lots of fake academic cheating jobs, for example, to see how many excessively annoyed genuine freelancers object to them?

Each to their own I guess.     

Hi

The plot thickens!!

I can confirm that the connects are not returned when a bogus job has been removed by the invite only method. However I am presuming that these are not all accidental non -scam jobs implemented by the engineers.

regards Jan

Valeria thanks for responding and clarifying.

I didn't apply for any of those jobs, I just kept flagging them as I thought it was a scam. 

Anyways thanks again!

Lila
Latest Articles
Learning Paths