Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
11 of 34

Christy ... rotfl

Smiley Very Happy

helloholly_d
Ace Contributor
Holly D Member Since: Sep 22, 2016
12 of 34

That's a beautiful photo! You CAN take credit for sharing Smiley Very Happy Thank you!!

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
13 of 34

INteresting, the photographer is a local guy, Alex North, who is self-taught.  He takes phenomenal pictures, even though he is color blind!

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
14 of 34

Maybe BECAUSE he is color blind?

kathrynbaughman
Community Guru
Kathryn B Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
15 of 34

I hope all of you have a great bunch of holidays, because you drove me to pull out my art program for this.  After about two hours of composition, a large amount of foul language towards said program, and 45 minutes of rendering time (I am pretty sure my computer hates me right now), here is my Happy Holidays gift for you.

In my gift you will find:

A pony for the ladies, because we all wanted one when we were little

A bottle of whiskey and three glasses for the gentlemen, but you have to find it hidden in the grass

A boxed gift for the Preston, containing what every brilliant man wants for at least one moment, Silence! (and another bottle of whiskey)

And a large bag of gifts for all of the freelancers, clients, and staff of UpWork. 

Please note, Johnny Depp was scheduled to appear for the photo, but I've decided I'm not sharing.

HappyHolidaysUpworkers.png

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
helloholly_d
Ace Contributor
16 of 34

Awww Kathryn!!!! That is incredible!! Thank you so much for taking the time to make and share that with us. 

Can I trade in my pony for one of the guys' whiskey bottles? ;D

Too bad Johnny couldn't make it. Though, I'd settle for Tom Cavanagh. Heh heh heh.

kathrynbaughman
Community Guru
17 of 34

I'm sure the guys won't mind.  Lord knows there are days when I want both!  The holidays can bring out the best or worst in people and in my family, it seems to bring out their crazy with a vengeance.  Whiskey is definitely recommended.

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
helloholly_d
Ace Contributor
18 of 34

I had horses growing up, so to me they're big and scary and a lot of work. Smiley Tongue

Whiskey probably helps your holiday situation! ... or makes it worse. Either way, drink enough and you won't remember it either way! lol

kathrynbaughman
Community Guru
19 of 34

They are certainly big, the bigger the better!  I've spent the majority of my life either on the back of a horse, reading or working.  The majority of that work was based on breaking and training those horses.  It adds up to a great deal of hard work, occasion broken bones, a bit of swearing and overall one very rewarding feeling when it all comes together.

As for the whiskey, I just give it to my family members.  If the holidays are going to bring out their crazy, you can rely on me to hand crazy a cocktail and direct it to the front porch.  My family is simply fortunate, as I am not tempted (often) to take pictures or video.

atlinguist
Community Guru
Alexandra H Member Since: Jul 30, 2015
20 of 34

After Thelwell, my favourite: Lesley Bruce. 

Lesley Bruce Does My Bum....gifLesley Bruce Mucking Out.gif

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS