Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shout out to Bill H.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
31 of 38

Yes, dear Bill, your visiting nurse is rushing things. You will tell the world when the time is right. You're too honest and outspoken to have it any other way.

Sending love  and an extra dash of tenacity and stubbornness -

Highlighted
Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
32 of 38

Horrid several days.

Friday night our younger daughter's cat, age 18, walked past me. Were he a human I'd have called an ambulance. Daughter and wife took him to emergency vet, got him stabilized. All three of us expected him to die that night (still alive).

Saturday night, I had a bad fall. Right half of face is bruised, right eye blurry vision, concussion, pain level tolerable. Essentially bedridden.

Monday night, EF3 tornado, 24 dead in Tennessee. Got within a few hundred yards of our neighborhood, lifted, came back down a few hundred yards the opposite side of our neighborhood. No power; lack of electricity is the best thing that has happened since last week.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
33 of 38

We have insulation and parts of homes strung up in trees around our home --  about 60 feet up.  Apparently the tornado which hit about 8 miles away from this location (and very close to you) literally pushed materials up so high, the floated down in our neighborhood.  Several streets over, the power has been out from Monday through today -- I was actually not sure what was going to happen if we got this part of Nashville crushed and I was trying to do work from some remote-remote location.

It was unclear what to do when the tornado sirens went off.  So, I chose to make a toddie, get into the oak-lined closet, gather in the dog, the PC, the printer, the cell phone -- all my connectivity tools to the world -- and figure if it was going to happen, it was going to happen.  Fortunately, it did not happen.  Interesting night.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
34 of 38

I hope you are doing well!

Highlighted
Community Guru
35 of 38

Much better than most. I'm an off-the-scale introvert, and the lockdown is heaven. We were spared by the tornado, then spared again with the hurricane-force winds. Our fixed income is secure and I get a few bucks a month in royalties and fees.

My dentist saw me Wednesday. Smart and ethical; says there is no medical necessity for the many thousands of dollars in crowns, and that an implant on the upper right jaw to attach a bridge would entail a bone graft, root canal, and eighteen months of misery. His informed opinion is that this is the majority of the time I have left, why go through the pain?

Lung infection now, I and NP both conclude it's bacterial, and I'm on the right medications. COPD getting worse, tremors have made holding a drink in left hand an exercise in cleanup, and daily headaches give me something something to look forward to.

Highlighted
Community Guru
36 of 38

Fortunately, not everything gets worse all at the same time. Right now it's the headache, evidently related to migraine or cluster headache. Prescribed butalbytal, a barbiturate. Thank God I did four years of med school and practiced for a while, I know what questions to ask and understand the answers. When taking a medication that can interfere with cognition I alert my wife, who worked in LPN positions as a clinical medical assistant for several years. The backup is our younger daughter, who's a vet tech. I'm a mammal, after all.

Cancer is quiet as is heart disease. Lungs are a slow but steady decline process. The neurological issues are the problem now. Fortunately, I've been in quarantine since February. That's not the same thing as lock-down. I do not leave the house and no one visits without wearing full PPE. Only the first half of that happens in a lock-down. Quarantine is working. 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Md E Member Since: Apr 26, 2018
37 of 38

Be peace upon you. Everything is okey, Young Man?

Highlighted
Community Guru
38 of 38

And upon you, peace.

Yes, things are going well, thank you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS