🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Some clients are confused
Page options
engrumaraftab
Community Member

Some clients are confused

Yesterday, I received a job invitation. I discussed the job details with the client and got the offer. When I was just about to accept the offer, he withdrew it and blocked me. I don't know what went wrong with him. 

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I don't know what went wrong with him."

It is possible that nothing went wrong with him.

It is more likely that something went wrong with the agreement between the two of you: It did not go forward to the contract stage.

It is a client's right to change his mind, just as it is yours.

After you received the hire offer, you yourself could have decided you did not want to go through with agreement to work with this client. 

Had you declined the hire offer, there would have been nothing he could have done about it.

robin_hyman
Community Member

Umar A wrote:

Yesterday, I received a job invitation. I discussed the job details with the client and got the offer. When I was just about to accept the offer, he withdrew it and blocked me. I don't know what went wrong with him. 

It's one thing if a client changes his mind and rescinds the offer.  It's another thing that he blocked you.  There seems to be information missing....

Yeah, maybe!

Actually, he agreed to have the deliverable by Friday. After he had sent the offer, he asked me if he had allowed manual time. I informed him that I would start working on it in the morning and he blocked. I guess that's what went wrong with him. 🙂

If you told this client, no, you will not enter manual hours, then that is most likely the reason he blocked you. Manual time does not fall under Upwork's Payment Protection. That means the client doesn't have to pay you (or any freelancer) for any manual hours entered and there's really nothing you can do or say to change that. This client may be looking for a freelancer that will enter manual hours and since you don't (if you said no) the client didn't want to bother with you in any way anymore. 

root_graphics
Community Member

Hi Umar,

Or....perhaps its another scammer, another freelancer trying to pick on your mind.  Benefit of the doubt but assuming other freelancers are competing with us from other services or platform. For example, we're using Upworks.com's platform and maybe another person is using Fiverr.com and they want to pick on your brains for feed back or knowledge, once they get the first portion they needed,  the basics, that's all the communication information that they need so they close you out. Shrugs.

-Brian S. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths