🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Something funny just happened...
Page options
reinierb
Community Member

Something funny just happened...

I was just reading  a post about the Upwork Readiness Test, and decided that since I had ten minutes to spare, I would take the test. 

Here is the funny part- I failed. I took the test again... and failed for the second time! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
versailles
Community Member

Yoda.png

Ready you thought you were? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I rated Upwork readiness test applicants. My own counsel will I keep on who should pass it. An Upworker must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. An Upworker craves not these things. You are reckless.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
versailles
Community Member

Yoda.png

Ready you thought you were? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I rated Upwork readiness test applicants. My own counsel will I keep on who should pass it. An Upworker must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. An Upworker craves not these things. You are reckless.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
booksist
Community Member

I took it last week for similar reasons. I didn't fail, but the score was bad enough to keep it hidden Smiley Embarassed

And I've been working here for nearly two years...

Let's just say that I might have taken it more than once in the past...

ETA:  it was the required ODesk test...

Pass or fail > there is no earthly reason to display it on your profile.

Said by one who finally got around to taking it ...

I had to take it in the oDesk days, because you couldn't bid unless you passed it. I failed the first time round - so a little deeper reading was called for - passed the second and was allowed to bid.

The ToC and help pages back then, were much clearer, much better written with very little ambiguity when it came to what you could and couldn't do.

purplepony
Community Member

@Reinier B wrote:

I was just reading  a post about the Upwork Readiness Test, and decided that since I had ten minutes to spare, I would take the test. 

Here is the funny part- I failed. I took the test again... and failed for the second time! 

Reinier, evidently you're not aware that FL's must pass this to actively remain on the platform.  Since you've admitted failing it, unfortunately your days here are probably numbered.

(Please scroll down.)

Kidding!!!  (at least I think so.):smileyfrustrated:

I took it about a year ago, several times...

Funny thing is that it shows as Passed, but if you click on details it says Failed. Not sure what that's about...

@Pat M wrote:

@Reinier B wrote:

Reinier, evidently you're not aware that FL's must pass this to actively remain on the platform.  Since you've admitted failing it, unfortunately your days here are probably numbered.

(Please scroll down.)

Kidding!!!  (at least I think so.):smileyfrustrated:

I don't know how true this is, but I read somewhere that a FL's account is only actioned after failing the test 3786 times. Then you get another 769 opportunities to fail the test before you get the boot. 

jefframlee
Community Member

It was mandatory to take the test when I started. But I remember it being pretty straight forward. They must have made it harder since then.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths