🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Special Fonts
Page options
kathy1010
Community Member

Special Fonts

Hi, guys. Could someone help me out, please? I just accepted an ebook about Hernan Cortes. This will necessitate using those ellipses over the a and the o. How do I call up those special fonts? I can't seem to remember.

Thanks so much. Have a great weekend!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
joansands
Community Member

Virginia - Easy. Go up to "Tools" in Word - select the language you want to use after selecting all the words in your manuscript (control + a).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Virginia F wrote:

Hi, guys. Could someone help me out, please? I just accepted an ebook about Hernan Cortes. This will necessitate using those ellipses over the a and the o. How do I call up those special fonts? I can't seem to remember.

They are not special fonts - they are Spanish "accents" as in Hernán Cortés

If it is just (or mainly) his name, just type it normally and then do a find and replace all and exchange the plain version for the accented one all in one go.

You can create them as described here.

Great idea. But how will the name get replaced with the accents? 

Virginia F wrote:

Great idea. But how will the name get replaced with the accents? 

replace all.jpg

joansands
Community Member

Virginia - Easy. Go up to "Tools" in Word - select the language you want to use after selecting all the words in your manuscript (control + a).

Oh. That sounds easy. Thanks a lot.

To do this as you are typing, follow these instructions. Once you do it a couple of times, it becomes easy.

On a Mac, press Opt then e (while still holding down the option key), then type any character. é = Opt+e, then e.

For î, use Option i.

For ñ, use Option n.

For ü, use Option u.

For ù, use Option `.

Those should be the ones you need.

I believe on a PC, it's Control instead of Alt. For the tilde (˜), it may require the shift key as well.

Search for "way to add accents to letters" for more information.

lysis10
Community Member

The enyay is alt+164. That's all I remember. 😄

As in "Jeñifer"

Thanks for all of your help. I'll get started in having Cortés conquer his world.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths