🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Star next to message line
Page options
elyannie
Community Member

Star next to message line

This might be a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway. What is the little star to the left of the message line intended for? I would love to know if I click on the star will it be seen by my client as marked? If anyone has an interesting useful ways of using this feature please reply. Many thanks!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Elyannie,

When you 'star' a message, the other user is not notified of this but it will save the message as a "favorite" and you can then access all of the messages you have starred as favorites in one handy little place by clicking the address book icon in messages.Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 3.55.04 PM.png

~Nina

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Elyannie,

When you 'star' a message, the other user is not notified of this but it will save the message as a "favorite" and you can then access all of the messages you have starred as favorites in one handy little place by clicking the address book icon in messages.Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 3.55.04 PM.png

~Nina

Thanks for the reply Nina. I had no idea that it could do all of that. I could definately see myself using this to save important messages or to highlight a message that can be re-used to answer frequenlty asked questions.

Hello!  Does the star message still work?  When I click to see starred messages, I get Personal Note... how can I access all starred messages?

Hi Petronella! It's still working for me.

In Messages, if I click on the button that looks like a little spiral notebook I can view all the messages I have starred in the past. I use this for answers to frequently asked questions 🙂

(See Nina's solution comment for the image)

Thanks that was helpful! seems like a good way to create a quote list for reviews since unfortunately a lot of people reserve their best comments for a private msg, but for some reason like to make the bland comments public...

& I don't mean to come off egotistical, but I have received countless private compliments that I WISH would've made the public post instead of sent only to me LOL. which me writing this now just actually sparked a question!

Q: is it bad online ethic/privacy invasion to make something "positive or encouraging" that was a private msg, public???

Hi,

This seems to have broken in the recent versions of upwork. Can someone confirm that it is still working ?

Thanks

Srinivas 

I don't see this at all.

colettelewis
Community Member

Elyannie W wrote:

This might be a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway. What is the little star to the left of the message line intended for? I would love to know if I click on the star will it be seen by my client as marked? If anyone has an interesting useful ways of using this feature please reply. Many thanks!!

Not a dumb question at all! I wish I had had the gumption to click on it to find out what it was - would have saved a lot of time and irritation!! 

The problem is that I live by seeing words, and little symbols not only sometimes flummox me, but I don't even notice them. So thanks for posting this! 🙂

And now it's my turn to ask. I have clicked on all the little pics in the message room (thanks to Elyannie), but none of them tell me they are an "address book". So where do I find it? 

Hi Nichola,

Were you able to click on the image of the spiral notebook? It's on the top of the left side panel in Messages. This will "toggle" the left panel from "show rooms by recency" to "show rooms by category" Once you've switch over to "show rooms by category" you can view the Favorite Messages (If you've saved any). Hope this helps!

Almost forgot to mention, sometimes if you hover your cursor over the symbol a text box will appear explaining what the symbol does.

Regards,

Ellie

68c0e4da
Community Member

My UI doesn't look like this at all. Where are my "favorited messages"? I don't see the address book icon. If I can't access my favorited messages, I don't really understand the purpose of the favorite feature

c109288b
Community Member

I think it doesn't relate to that.

To find out you can contact your customer and find answer.

And when you get the answer then please tell me, too.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths