🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Stock Price of UpWork
Page options
h3hdv7rlssvtxxzp
Community Member

Stock Price of UpWork

There has not been much discussion here about the recent event when the shares of UpWork were listed for sale within the context of US stock exhachange. They started with 15 USD per share, but today the shares of the company have been traded with priceses less to that.

Going to "markets" might mean a lot for freelancers, as would any speculations towards future and markets.

Personally, I am very worried.

9 REPLIES 9
joansands
Community Member

What are you worried about, Kristo? The fact that Upwork's stock is not doing well? That's because Upwork is losing money. Hopefully, they will be able to change that.

With all the respect, I think your elaboration is a bit narrow, yet quite accurate.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Personally, I am very worried."

Personally, I am not worried.

I can't see how Upwork's stock price actually has any impact on me.

Maybe ignorance is bliss.

This information should be of assistance to anyone interested.

https://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=UPWK

Also, there's numerous links at the bottom of it; current back to the IPO.  

FWIW, I'm not worried.  Stock prices rise and fall; that's the nature of the beast.

versailles
Community Member

Upwork sold shares. M. John Average bought them. Upwork and its investors got the money.

M. John Average is trading the shares on the market. There are more sellers than buyers, so the price is going down.

Most of the people, not all, but most, who buy shares during IPOs are naive M. John Average investors. Upwork investors, who needed some kind of return on their so far unprofitable investment knew this. They knew M. John Average will buy them shares.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Do you know the golden rule of capitalism? That the best moment to buy is when there is blood on the streets. This time, in sha allah, it may not be real blood, but still -- who wins? 

Give it 30 years, over $100 at least or bought out by Microsoft. 

warfery
Community Member

I just found upwork is traded on nasdaq today. I checked their last year fillng and i cant believe these numbers:

Operating expenses:
Research and development(1)
Sales and marketing(1)
General and administrative(1)
Provision for transaction losses
Total operating expenses

Insane numbers. I would like to know whom and for what are these money paid.

It seems shareholders arent who will benefit from this company.

re: "It seems shareholders arent who will benefit from this company."

Then it's a good thing I'm not a shareholder.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths