cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stranger lurking in my messages and inviting freelancers without my consent

David C Member Since: Jun 25, 2015
1 of 6

I've noticed in my messages, some stranger has been entering in the message conversations.  When I click on her name, my company name is beneath hers.

She's now been inviting a ton of freeelacers to my project which is very annoying.

Anyone know what is going on or having a similar experience?

Ace Contributor
Cesar G Member Since: Feb 11, 2015
2 of 6

Report it to CS as soon as possible.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
3 of 6

@David C wrote:

I've noticed in my messages, some stranger has been entering in the message conversations.  When I click on her name, my company name is beneath hers.

She's now been inviting a ton of freeelacers to my project which is very annoying.

Have you gotten a reply from CS?

It may be related to the spam attack that's been going on for the past two days.

And Upwork made a point of telling us there was no reason at all to be worried or change passwords.

Which I have done anyway.

Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
4 of 6

@Ela K wrote:

@David C wrote:

Have you gotten a reply from CS?

It may be related to the spam attack that's been going on for the past two days.

And Upwork made a point of telling us there was no reason at all to be worried or change passwords.

Which I have done anyway.

Maybe he forgot that he clicked this. I recently got that pop-up message when posting a job on behalf of one of my client's.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 6

Hi David and others,

The situation has been clarified through the ticket. An Upwork recruiter has been a part of David's conversations since he signed up for Upwork Project Success Program.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 6

Stranger danger.

Oops I know that guy. He's my CS rep.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS