cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strangest Job Descriptions

Ace Contributor
Linda M Member Since: Sep 18, 2011
1 of 29
Hello everyone, Today I came across what I consider to be the most strangest, as in surreal, job posting ever. (I apologize now if the client who originally posted the ad is reading this. No offense is meant, I just found the posting very odd.) It was: "Ghost writer needed for childrens book to add embedded hypnotic and NLP suggestions". Maybe I'm out of touch with what is going on in the world, but I really don't see how you can put hypnotic suggestions into children's literature… Or can you? It sounds like something taken from a bad novel or a cold war, spy movie. Has anyone else come across surreal postings that make you think twice or go "Oh My God Is That for Real?"
Ace Contributor
Emily H Member Since: Feb 9, 2011
2 of 29
That is very odd and rather creepy!
Ace Contributor
Linda M Member Since: Sep 18, 2011
3 of 29
Exactly what I thought too when I saw it. Glad I'm not the only one who thought it a little odd.
Olivier P Member Since: Dec 28, 2011
4 of 29
hi, i saw this job too, i did not want to apply for it, it seems to be really weird !!
Mok S Member Since: Jan 26, 2009
5 of 29
What's wrong with hypnotizing a child? If he refuses to drink milk and keeps on crying, not only will I hypnotize him, I'll kill him. I signed up with oDesk years ago. I have not done a single project here. Why? Every project here is that creepy. There was a project about Photoshop. Using Photoshop to edit a photo? No. That client only wanted certain components of Photoshop. And he would pay only a portion of the price. Even a big corporation, with groups of engineers, would need years of effort duplicating those components. I have a fulltime job. All along I want a subsidiary income. Age is catching up. Freelance will become my mainstream. But the stumbling block is too high. The projects cover an extremely wide scope. Yet every project needs extremely in-depth knowledge. I'm in programming. Every programming language has a huge library of documentation. When I want to do something, I find the command I need is not even there. I don't know about other lines? When I look at the reality, I wish I could be hypnotized. In fact, the moment I look at any project, I already am. I'm not a child. I'm an old man. Someone better kills me.
Ace Contributor
Louis D Member Since: Sep 27, 2010
6 of 29
Location US "I need help to lift some heavy furniture from my garage into my living room. Filipino applicants ONLY. Must cover all flight and boarding expenses. You can sleep in the garage once the furniture is removed for $80 per night (breakfast is extra). Please put the word "popeye" in you application or you will be immediately rejected. Budget for project $3.
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
7 of 29
You´re joking, right?
Ace Contributor
Louis D Member Since: Sep 27, 2010
8 of 29
"After the furniture has been moved I will need you to build an extension on my house, build me a kidney shaped swimming pool, modernize my sewage system and make me a Manhattan with an anchovy stuffed kalamata olive. You MUST pay for all of the building materials (and Manhatten ingredients). *Before you leave I will also need your shoes, socks, the shirt off your back and your soul in a empty jam jar. Budget for extra work: a dish of freshly broken biscuits.
Olivier P Member Since: Dec 28, 2011
9 of 29
great joke !! it is funny and in the same time, it is sad, but that's life anyway, Louis you should specialize in joke making.
Aditya A Member Since: Feb 12, 2011
10 of 29
"You must have a degree in aeronautical engineering and have worked with General Electric and be willing to provide 35 references. To prove to me that you are capable of taking up the job, take my test - lift this four poster bed and move it to my second floor bedroom. For this test you will not be paid / paid 1 broken biscuit (pick any one). Very good opportunity for new oDeskers to build their profile."
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS