🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Such fun
Page options
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Such fun

Flagging fake profile pictures and copied profiles.  Gives Monday a whole new meaning!

3 REPLIES 3
elmansuri
Community Member

Assuming you spent 10 minutes doing this, then it was actually 10 minutes wasted of your day I'm afraid, Mary.

The website drips with fake users to an unbelievable degree, a truly astonishing, nauseating, depressing degree. 

The reason it's a waste of time, is that if you come back and check after a few days, you would realize that the flagged jobs or account still show some activity, or at least are not closed.

Just happened to me right now, I was scammed 2 days ago: after 5 hours of intense work, I uploaded said work, then they closed the contract (it was my fault for falling for an account with no history, and not using the tracker).

All I had left was to flag the job. Today I got a message being told that the client has reported and blocked me. 

I chuckled at how ironic it was to be reported by the thief.  

mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Actually, I somewhat disagree.  I have flagged profiles sporadically since ODesk days and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  I don't feel like I wasted my time at all. Sorry for your problem but you really need to use the tracker all the time, every time.

bf97c28c
Community Member

Hi Mary. I like that you found a good solution to name this fake flood. As for me, I feel sad for these people. Fortunately, fake for a while, but the truth is for all time.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths