🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Tell us about your First Time
Page options
browersr
Community Member

Tell us about your First Time

After 3 years and 1 month I received my first "Edited for Community Guidelines". This occurred because I mentioned Portuguese Singing was the #1 recommended job in my recommended list. I guess the issue was that what was posted was the name of the job, but still a major let down that this would be my first transgression ever. You can never go back and make a first impression and I feel like - with that bullet out of the gun - my effort to tilt at the system was flaccid. Since I get no re-do I thought it might be interesting to see what other's first time getting edited were. Was your first time memorable or as forgettable as my transgression? Do share! Smiley Very Happy 

For the record here is the shameful evidence of my wrong doing: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Recommended-Jobs-all-Screwed-Up/m-p/545179/highlight/fal...

16 REPLIES 16
jmlaidlaw
Community Member

I have been edited so often that I have mostly given up posting.

@Janean L wrote:

I have been edited so often that I have mostly given up posting.

Ditto. And recently I was accused of trolling because I dared to ask the same question twice. A question that still hasn't been answered. 

Me too. But it's a rite of passage. One so often forgets the rules ... 

Once? Amateur.

i saw VLAD DADDY say "in a jiffy" a couple days ago and I really wanted to reply and say "VLAD DADDY WHO DID THIS TO YOU???" Who americanized VLAD DADDY? I want their name. But then I would get modded. But for real I wanna know.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Scott, when I saw the title of your post here I thought you might be in for another Edited label.

Indirectly related to the question Scott raised, I just remembered that my first "alternative" Edited label was posted on Rene's comment on a topic that might have been related to mirror writing, and read something along the line of "senilediuG ytinummoC rof detidE".

C'mon Jennifer, a mod wouldn't mod that question. And Lena's to blame...

~ Vladimir
Upwork

@Vladimir G wrote:

C'mon Jennifer, a mod wouldn't mod that question. And Lena's to blame...

oic

image.png

@Vladimir G wrote:

Scott, when I saw the title of your post here I thought you might be in for another Edited label.

I assure you that I have no idea what you are talking about. Smiley Embarassed

I do like where Vlad is going here. If you are a mod and reading this, please post about your first time editing for community guidelines. It has to be like a cop's first ticket, isn't it? 

I've never been edited, i.e. had my wrist slapped.  I have, however, had whole posts removed, i.e. gotten smacked with a wooden spoon on my posterior.

Bless your hearts.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Scott,

I'm actually very happy that I had to edit your post for nothing more serious than posting a link to a job posting (we always remove links to job postings and links to freelancer profiles unless the owner of the profile posts it.)

I would also like to use this opportunity to remind everybody of our Community Guidelines overall and of this violation specifically:

• Discussing or reposting deleted posts or warning letters or discussion of sanctioned or no longer registered members.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Scott,

I'm actually very happy that I had to edit your post for nothing more serious than posting a link to a job posting (we always remove links to job postings and links to freelancer profiles unless the owner of the profile posts it.)

I would also like to use this opportunity to remind everybody of our Community Guidelines overall and of this violation specifically:

• Discussing or reposting deleted posts or warning letters or discussion of sanctioned or no longer registered members.

Thanks.

Valeria - You are one of my favorite mods so I am honored that it was you who gave me this wrist slap after all of this time! However, now I don't know what to feel because a I never intended to post a link nor did I realize that I did. I was copying the name of the job but I am now assuming it might have also copied the link even though the output didn't look like it. So I actually broke the rules on even greater accident. I think somehow that actually makes me more lame (the bar is low I understand). Golly Gee Wilikers, what a terrible way to end such a Boy Scout streak!

@Valeria K wrote:

Thanks.

8xvf9.jpg

@Jess C wrote:

@Valeria K wrote:

Thanks.

8xvf9.jpg

Like I said, I am a big fan of Valeria and all she does (and deals with) on this forum. But this post.. Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

@Scott B wrote:

@Jess C wrote:

@Valeria K wrote:

Thanks.

8xvf9.jpg

Like I said, I am a big fan of Valeria and all she does (and deals with) on this forum. But this post.. Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Also a Valeria fan, but that picture is gold Cat LOL

martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Scott B wrote:

After 3 years and 1 month I received my first "Edited for Community Guidelines". This occurred because I mentioned Portuguese Singing was the #1 recommended job in my recommended list. I guess the issue was that what was posted was the name of the job, but still a major let down that this would be my first transgression ever. You can never go back and make a first impression and I feel like - with that bullet out of the gun - my effort to tilt at the system was flaccid. Since I get no re-do I thought it might be interesting to see what other's first time getting edited were. Was your first time memorable or as forgettable as my transgression? Do share! Smiley Very Happy 

For the record here is the shameful evidence of my wrong doing: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Recommended-Jobs-all-Screwed-Up/m-p/545179/highlight/fal...

I either don't remember it or it hasn't happened yet... but I used a bad word recently just to point out to someone that he shouldn't use the same bad word - in his case it was included in the name of a screenshot he had attached. The bad word was changed immediately after I submitted my post - which I found absolutely fascinating, because I've never seen that before. Plus, obviously, I am easily entertained. 

Like Janean wrote .... too many times to remember and included getting sent to 'time out' when I was persistent in trying to get a definitive answer (eLance era).

During the elance era I was probably the most-often "post deleted" poster on the platform. I think the first memorable one was answering someone's question about Time Tracker, and explaining why it was useless. It's so easy to bypass that anybody who can't figure out how is too unintelligent to work for me. Then I went on to describe the no-brainer way to bypass it. Yeah, that last bit was industrial strength stupidity on my part.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths