🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Ten Things Not To Do As a Freelancer
Page options
11f7a755
Community Member

Ten Things Not To Do As a Freelancer

Here are the 10 commandments that shalt be etched in stone:

1.  Don't start your proposal with "Dude" and end with "No worries. I gotcha fam."
  2.  Makes sure the attachment of your sample writing is really a doc file and not mpeg- if you catch my drift.
  3.  Don't show up to interviews high and wasted.
  4. Don't upload a Lamborghini Aventador as your profile pic.
  5. Make sure your profile pic is not from Maui last summer shirtless with hook'em horns and beer keg.
  6. Stop ending your every chat conversation with Big Ron signing out or Big Ron has left the building.
  7. Or for that matter stop calling yourself Big Ron or Big D Mike on your profile.
  8. Let's not put "I got 20 ounces. What else you need?" on your profile "skills". This is not Dark Web.
  9. Stop breaking your $3.00 gig into milestones of dimes. n00b mistake #131225687
    And finally,
  10. Whatever you do, never ever ever ever accept payment outside of Upwork with an email address and domain name....

OF AOL

Trust me. I have at least broken a few of those.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Zeeshan M wrote:

Trust me. I have at least broken a few of those.

I think you may need to rethink freelancing.

11f7a755
Community Member

Oh I am barely getting started. And you really should learn to laugh more - it would increase your longevity.

jokerette
Community Member

bwahahahaah! That was great. I bet I could come up with a few more...

11) (A client asks if you know your subject well & how quick you are... NEVER respond with:)

Well, BubbaLou here is quicker than a rabbit in heat, y'all hear? As fer knowin' my sh-t, I'm slicker than snail snot on doorknob iffn anyone needs that thar techNEEKal writin.

12) Just wear Depends to interviews - IYKWIM!

schardo
Community Member

Which ones have you broken, exactly?

I'm curious to know how they worked out. 

Don't tell us which ones.

The mystery is more interesting.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths