🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Thank You upWork !
Page options
arbind
Community Member

Thank You upWork !

Today, it is my 7th Anniversay with upWork.

24,019+ Hours of work in upWork

100 Successful Projects

61 Clients

I am 31 years old, and I started to freelance at the age of 24 years on upWork. My first work was on upWork, and I never had to look for external work outside upWork.

On this 7th Anniversary with upWork, I would like to thank upWork so much.

THANK   YOU   UPWORK   FOR   EMPOWERING   MY   LIFE !

8 REPLIES 8
sr_vd
Community Member

I also join. Best platform for freelancing.

mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Congratulations!

Congratulations, Arbind!

"Certa bonum certamen"
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats on the amazing track record and thanks for sharing your success story Arbind!

~ Vladimir
Upwork
h3hdv7rlssvtxxzp
Community Member

Thank you for sharing your experience and indeed congratulations for your success!

You are the first one I see with 200k earnings with 100 jobs. And sharp 100% success score sounds like fake news too. I have seen quite a lot of freelancers, also those I have hired, with 30/50/80k and hundreds job jobs. I even did see one with 300 jobs, but out of which 100 were open. And even he did not have 300k income. 

Life, however, is more complex than numbers and statistics. We everyone know, or at least have heard of those rare jewels, who perhaps earn nothing, perhaps end up doomed like waste by the system, yet end up producing something that the whole humanity — at least part of it — will celebrate, praise if not just learn about. There are too many examples to list. Programmers, hackers, writers, designers and artists. Biggest of those have, let me exaggerate a bit, doomed to be "unfit" by the system.

Some examples:

Van Gogh, sold only one piece of his work during his lifetime, as reported. People considered his works to be "too dark".

Kafka, his writings were not loved at all, forcing him to work with unhealthy stuff and perhaps due to that, die for TB.

You can add Palto, Anne Frank, Galileo... and many, many more. You name it. All from the domains of design, hacking, programming, business and beyond.

Let me suggest, appreciating UpWork, that they would establish a special UpWork award, something, to praise those who excel in their qualities, yet fail to match to the cyber-industrial system. There is not much to assume that cyber-statistical view to the world today or its predictions to the future whould be somehow more authentic than others points of view— and in a way history will prove that point.

Wish you all good day, want to deliver my best gratitude to UpWork and to all of its wonderful staff. And, of most all, for all the hard working unknown freelancers out there.

Hi Kristo,

You are the first one I see with 200k earnings with 100 jobs.

Smiley Happy Yes, you are not alone in the upWork Community who tells me this.

My 2 cents to all freelancers:
Indeed, such track record is possible if you are honest, and if you apply only to those jobs that you know you can do it in the most efficient way.

milanchek
Community Member

@arbind B wrote:

Today, it is my 7th Anniversay with upWork.

24,019+ Hours of work in upWork

100 Successful Projects

61 Clients

I am 31 years old, and I started to freelance at the age of 24 years on upWork. My first work was on upWork, and I never had to look for external work outside upWork.

On this 7th Anniversary with upWork, I would like to thank upWork so much.

THANK   YOU   UPWORK   FOR   EMPOWERING   MY   LIFE !

Congrats!! You should increase your rate, you deserve it!! 

m_terrazas
Community Member

Great job!!

Congratulations. It's nice to see good news from time to time.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths