🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Thanksgiving
Page options
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is the most American of holidays (although apparently usurped by those darn **Edited for Community Guidelines** wannabees).  It's a lovely holiday, when we (usually) get together with family and friends and celebrate what we have together.  This year, we are apart - many of us - but the thought holds true and even more so during these terrible times.  We might not have what we've had in the past, we may have lost friends and family to this terrible disease, but there is hope for the future and wonderful memories of before.

God bless us and keep us safe and healthy. Keep our memories strong and our hope stronger.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

9 REPLIES 9
JoanneP

Happy Thanksgiving, Mary, and to everyone!

~ Joanne
Upwork
yitwail
Community Member

I personally had much to be thankful for this year, although I also experienced my share of sorrow and disappointment. Here’s hoping there are better things ahead for everyone.

John K wrote:
I personally had much to be thankful for this year, although I also experienced my share of sorrow and disappointment. Here’s hoping there are better things ahead for everyone.

awwwww, hugs to you, my very observant friend.

I'll be hanging out with my gay boyfriend who is probably the best person in my life right now and is my platonic soul mate. I am thankful for him. We gonna watch Bad Girls Club on NBC, eat an edible, and chill with each other being degenerates eating sides. We're doing only sides and no turkey because we can.

Jen - she's got a wild American spirit.

Wild and free. I find it cool!

isamybaxy
Community Member

I'm not American. But I see America in all of you and what that spirit truly means.

Covid in truth changed the lives of many.

But we have zoom. Yea, you may not be able to seat at a table sharing that one meal with family and friends but you can share that same one spirit remotely.

I recently got married and not everyone could attend and remote viewing came to the rescue.

I made arrangements for meals and drinks available to folks who couldn't make it.

ravi_iitian
Community Member

Mary W wrote:

Thanksgiving is the most American of holidays (although apparently usurped by those darn Canadian wannabees).  It's a lovely holiday, when we (usually) get together with family and friends and celebrate what we have together.  This year, we are apart - many of us - but the thought holds true and even more so during these terrible times.  We might not have what we've had in the past, we may have lost friends and family to this terrible disease, but there is hope for the future and wonderful memories of before.

God bless us and keep us safe and healthy. Keep our memories strong and our hope stronger.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

"Have a great Thanksgiving weekend" does not seem appropriate this year.

"Certa bonum certamen"

We can always be thankful because 2020 is nearly over...

Afaik astronomers track less than half of asteroids. So, there is always a chance that it can be worse
robric
Community Member

This post is abusive of Canadians. Please remove

Latest Articles
Learning Paths