🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » That moment when...
Page options
booksist
Community Member

That moment when...

…you stumble upon a project that you’d like to work on so much; you’re obviously the most suitable person in the world to do it, and you know the client would notice it (because they always do); it would last for ages, and it would be a joy—but you’re fully booked months ahead. 

All the time I could spare for it is an hour a week, so even considering taking this job is out of the question.

I know this is a good kind of problem to have, but I can’t stop imagining myself working on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jr-translation
Community Member

@Valentina D wrote:

…you stumble upon a project that you’d like to work on so much; you’re obviously the most suitable person in the world to do it, and you know the client would notice it (because they always do); it would last for ages, and it would be a joy—but you’re fully booked months ahead. 

All the time I could spare for it is an hour a week, so even considering taking this job is out of the question.

I know this is a good kind of problem to have, but I can’t stop imagining myself working on it.

I keep telling myself not to read the job feed (or threads in the community) because I am too busy. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
scientistbhoot
Community Member

Maybe it's time for you to open an agency.

except that even when you have an agency the client has to hire each of you separately. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I opened an agency and was excited about the prospect - but how do I tell a client I have an agency and then tell them "oh by the way you still have to hire each of us separately". It makes no sense!

Deborah
Insider Healthcare Writer

@Md. Morshed A wrote:

Maybe it's time for you to open an agency.

Won't be doing that  🙂

iacob_irina
Community Member

I actually stumbled upon a project that was a very good fit for me. Luckily I was also available, or had the time to squeeze the project in. 

Client was super happy too (with the result), hehe.

jr-translation
Community Member

@Valentina D wrote:

I keep telling myself not to read the job feed (or threads in the community) because I am too busy. 

@Jennifer R wrote:

Lol, me too! I've been busy for a while, and I've set my availability to "non-available" (indefinitely) to avoid receiving invitations, but I still check the job feed daily. 

Sometimes I even send a proposal ending with "can I get back to you in X days." It worked a couple of times and now I can't stop doing that  Smiley LOL

Oh, and if I ever set a community signature, it will say "Here to help/procrastinate."

(ETA quote)

Latest Articles
Learning Paths