Did you mean: 

The New Upwork Coffee Maker

Community Leader
Julie T Member Since: Sep 29, 2011
1 of 6
Community Guru
Cristian-Adrian F Member Since: May 6, 2015
2 of 6

"The BKON Craft Brewer can be found in a handful of commercial stores, including a Whole Foods in Chicago and an American Tea Room in Los Angeles, and Panther Coffee in Miami. But the Vastardis brothers say that they hope to introduce a less expensive model for home use soon, so you can display both your technological and coffee snobbishness at once."

Enhance!  Smiley LOL

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 6

What counts is the coffee not the pot!

One coffee pot (any pot/jug), one filter holder, one filter paper.  Grind your own coffee, or buy a good 100% arabica.

Pour boiling water on however much coffee you need for x number of cups and let it strain through. Whole operation takes five minutes and you're good to go.

Minimal washing up. Minimal eletricity and minimal space. Who in the hell needs an algorithm to make coffee?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 6
re: "Who in the hell needs an algorithm to make coffee?"

It's not about the coffee. It is about the people who make the algorithm and make the coffee maker.

I thought that was clear.

I don't get the impression that the coffee makers are even pretending that the coffee maker makes better coffee. It's simply cool for people who like that kind of thing.

Most of what contractors are hired to do on Upwork is not about necessity or simple utility. It's about showing off, looking impressive, catering to whims and preferences. That's a good thing. That pays a lot of bills.
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 6

I see. The-king-with-no-clothes syndrome. For me it is still 'cool' to do without these infamous gadgets that send out all the wrong messages about success.

Community Guru
Cristian-Adrian F Member Since: May 6, 2015
6 of 6

If you situate in the 21st century, most people are prototyping things or using stuff like this just for the sake of technology. If you have a smartphone you can say that it does the same thing as a normal phone, but some enhacements are just good, or it feels so.

And yes, it was about having such thing in your house, obviously it was a little ironical, and not about doing 100% arabica.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS