cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best jobs appears when you going to sleep or so tired or got hired, Is it happens with you?

Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
20 of 25

I replied to Mahesh. When are you going to fix this??

EDIT: Oh this is how it's suppose to be. I thought my reply would go under the post I'm replying to. Please give us the option to quote.

Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
20 of 25

Natasha, yes, weird ain't it? also commented on this previously, guess this is what they mean by the forums being linear - still doesn't make the replies easier to read. Smiley Frustrated

quotes would be good, but think about how long posts are going to look! Smiley LOL

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Community Guru
20 of 25
Garnor still reluctant to bring back the feedback forum, it was actually quite useful. I wonder if it's all up to him now?. Someone should check what he's doing.

What a waste http://screencast.com/t/tl7uoWJ3oUgj

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
20 of 25

We're still evaluating reinstating the Feedback forum and other areas Natasha. It's been a couple of weeks with the new platform so we're still gauging how the forums are being used and where we can improve.

Community Guru
23 of 25

I think if I reply to a post my comment should go under the comment I'm replying to. I actually misunderstood David's comment, even gave him kudos lol, but I don't agree with him.

Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
23 of 25

Natasha R.: I think if I reply to a post my comment should go under the comment I'm replying to.

that would be ideal, of course, but i believe this is exactly how it showed the first few times i was here and it was hard to trace new posts because of it. that's when Valeria suggested changing the settings so the newest replies appear last.

ETA: it's just so sad that i have to find a way to "quote" replies, instead of simply clicking on something for it to come out automatically. Smiley Frustrated

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
23 of 25

The problem with having posts appear directly under the post you replied to is that it makes it too hard to follow the thread or even find the new posts. You end up having to search through five pages looking for the new post. If you can somehow just make the new posts show up, then you're not going to see the old post that a person was replying to anyway.

That's how the old forum worked and it was a major pain to try and read it. To be honest, I have never seen a forum, other than this one, that would place posts directly under the post you replied to.

Most forums will have a quote function that you can use to reference the post you want to reply to but will still put the post at the bottom of the page. This makes it much easier to find and read the new posts.

Community Manager
24 of 25

Hi folks,

While the default settings of the forum are to a "linear" format, you can modify your personal settings by signing in and clicking "My Settings/Preferences/Display." You may consider experimenting with this to see if it gives you the display you're looking for. 

Community Manager
26 of 25

We found a bug in the quoting function. This is something we will reinstate.

Community Guru
20 of 25

delete

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS