cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The future seems a whole lot brighter

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
1 of 13

With the vaccines out and whatnot, the future seems a whole lot brighter!

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 13

My friend got the super killer version of the virus, so the health department called her and told her she's not allowed to leave the house for 10 days. lol I would have it too but I decided to be boring on NYE and play video games. I lucked out so much lmao

Gimme dat vaccine! Rona is closing in on me!

Community Guru
3 of 13

Jennifer M wrote:

You'll get it a lot earlier than I will (I think).

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 13

Ravindra B wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

You'll get it a lot earlier than I will (I think).

I hope so. (Not the part about getting it before you. I mean soooon.)

I'm kinda in that list of healthy and older but not at high risk, so I'm not sure when my turn will be.

Community Guru
5 of 13

Jennifer M wrote:

I hope so. (Not the part about getting it before you. I mean soooon.)

I'm kinda in that list of healthy and older but not at high risk, so I'm not sure when my turn will be.

I didn’t mean to imply you were in the high-risk category.

I just thought both availability and distribution would be speedier in the US than here.

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
6 of 13

Speed of distribution seems to vary greatly between the states.  Louisiana is over 70, doctors and certain pharmacies giving the shots. Mississippi is over 75, and there are drive-through vaccination locations run by the local hospital.

I'm in a trial, got my second shot yesterday.  No reaction at all, so I may well have gotten the placebo.  

Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
7 of 13

Arizona has the highest rate of infection in the world at the moment I believe. I do think the future looks bright, but the immediate future is depressing. I'm longing for the days when I thought 100 cases per day in my town was a lot.

On the bright side (kind of) two good friends had it and one other just got the vaccine so I think it's actually safe to hang out with them now. I'm so sick of myself it's silly.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
8 of 13

Everyone is high risk:  The virus is so unpredictable, that just because you are young or younger, does not mean that you will not get it - or die from it. 

OK the above is unlikely. But the young and not-so young  are high risk because they can transmit it without wishing to (perhaps) - but also (perhaps) because they think that if they are immune and so what? And to hell with anyone else so long as they are free to go to their rave parties and thumb their noses at authority?  What these people don't get is that the "authority" is not any given government, but Covid. 

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
9 of 13

Kelly B wrote:

Arizona has the highest rate of infection in the world at the moment I believe. I do think the future looks bright, but the immediate future is depressing. I'm longing for the days when I thought 100 cases per day in my town was a lot.

On the bright side (kind of) two good friends had it and one other just got the vaccine so I think it's actually safe to hang out with them now. I'm so sick of myself it's silly.

Not to rain on your parade, but the vaccination does not prevent infection or transmission, it just makes the illness much less serious. Also, they don't know yet what level of immunity a person has after they recover or how long it lasts. Just sayin' ... be careful!

I live in a rural county with a population of 10,247. We were one of the first hot spots in Georgia last spring. As of today we've had 863 confirmed cases and 42 deaths. 16 new cases and one death today, nine new cases yesterday. (My neighbor posts the daily public health stats on FB.) I personally know at least two people here who had it but are not counted in the stats because they had it early in the pandemic [Feb/March] and were not tested. (One, previously a 50-year old distance runner, is still suffering long-term effects and was scheduled for cardio tests this week.) I go nowhere unless absolutely necessary and I do 95% of my grocery shopping out of town because the two stores here do nothing -- no sanitization of carts, only some employees wear masks, it's a free-for-all.

That light at the end of the tunnel is still a very long way away.

Community Guru
10 of 13

Phyllis G wrote:

Not to rain on your parade, but the vaccination does not prevent infection or transmission, it just makes the illness much less serious.

Wow. That is news to me.

"Certa bonum certamen"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS