🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » The other white powder... What gets you throu...
Page options
renata101
Community Member

The other white powder... What gets you through the winter months?

As winter progresses, I tend to visit my local dealer more often. Maybe more often than is really good for me. 
Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 1.49.18 PM.png

This is a place where you can find pretty much anything you're looking for, and business is so good, they have two locations:

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 1.59.33 PM.png

There's a certain kind of project that just seems to require a bag of sour gummies, no matter how much I tell myself otherwise. And of course, another important project go-to is the chocolate:

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 1.38.27 PM.png

What gets you through your winter projects? 

19 REPLIES 19
petra_r
Community Member

Renata S wrote:

Overdosing on vitamin C from tangerine smoothies first thing in the morning, made from fresh tangerines from my own tree.

smoothie.jpg

Oh, that looks amazing!!!

I've had apples that were just picked from the tree (which are wonderful) but never oranges. 

reinierb
Community Member

Renata S wrote:

As winter progresses, I tend to visit my local dealer more often. Maybe more often than is really good for me. 
Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 1.49.18 PM.png

This is a place where you can find pretty much anything you're looking for, and business is so good, they have two locations:

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 1.59.33 PM.png

There's a certain kind of project that just seems to require a bag of sour gummies, no matter how much I tell myself otherwise. And of course, another important project go-to is the chocolate:

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 1.38.27 PM.png

Chocolate. Lots of hand-made chocolates that come in little white boxes. One chocolate to a little box always makes winter seem almost pleasant. At least, for as long as I have little white boxes to open one at a time. 

Mangoes that come from Peru (unfortunately my part of the world never sees those little yellow ones from Southern Africa or India). They are very expensive, and I always tell myself that I can only have bits at a time - never works. 

I've just planted a pip/pit. I've been told with climate change, I might have a chance of growing a tree in Brittany. 

Mardi Gras king cakes, which are available from January 6 until Fat Tuesday.  I do love a good, sweet, delicious king cake.

Mary W wrote:

Mardi Gras king cakes, which are available from January 6 until Fat Tuesday.  I do love a good, sweet, delicious king cake.

Now I just gained 10lb.

Winter? What's that? 

Signed the people of La La Land

Amanda L wrote:

Winter? What's that? 

Amanda L wrote:

Winter? What's that? 

I think it might be called Light Sweater Season where you are. 

Renata S wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

Winter? What's that? 

Amanda L wrote:

Winter? What's that? 

I know no one believes anyone walks in LA, but I'm less than a mile from the Grove and original Farmers Market, and less than 2 miles from the Beverly Center. I spent about 5 hours and 7 miles worth of walking today with my service dog around all the shops and wonder of all wonders this wet stuff started falling from the sky! I stopped into to Nordstrom Rack and was introduced to this contraption called an umbrella. Apparently in other parts of the world it does this frequently and with more severity. 

Weather - I have a neighbor who has been  in Biloxi for about a month, moving here from California.  So far this month, we've had flooding rain, thick fogs, freeze warnings, sunny days in the 70's, and pretty strong winds, not to mention devastating floods in north Mississippi.  She's confused.

I wonder what she'll think in a month or so when the termites swarm every night and the love bugs cover her windshield! And of course, there's always hurricane season starting in June and going through October.  Great fun!

Mary, I spent a portion of my life in Jacksonville, Florida, and lived through a few hurricanes and love bug seasons. I grew up in Southern California and I have spent most of my life here. When I go visit other places, it really does feel like being on a different planet, lol.

Mary W wrote:

Weather - I have a neighbor who has been  in Biloxi for about a month, moving here from California.  So far this month, we've had flooding rain, thick fogs, freeze warnings, sunny days in the 70's, and pretty strong winds, not to mention devastating floods in north Mississippi.  She's confused.

I wonder what she'll think in a month or so when the termites swarm every night and the love bugs cover her windshield! And of course, there's always hurricane season starting in June and going through October.  Great fun!

@Mary

Biloxi sounds like it might be some kind of bizarre dislocated southern suburb of Montreal (or maybe we've got a sister city arrangement or something?). We get days here where the temperature drops or rises anywhere 10 to 18˚C (not sure what this is like in imperial).  I think all you need to do is replace the termites with ants (I get ants in two sizes, large and small) and maybe we need a fog machine because I don't think I've ever seen fog here.

Renata- we have ants, too.  Fire Ants.  They bite and hurt and itch for days.  If you slap one on your leg, more suddenly appear to get even with you.  Nasty, nasty things.  And when there's a downpour, their mounds just float around until they hit a dry place to re-establish.

The fog is really pretty but also dangerous.  The warm is so warm that fog forms and floats right in.  You can actually see it coming.

Amanda L wrote:

Renata S wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

Winter? What's that? 

Amanda L wrote:

Winter? What's that? 

I know no one believes anyone walks in LA, but I'm less than a mile from the Grove and original Farmers Market, and less than 2 miles from the Beverly Center. I spent about 5 hours and 7 miles worth of walking today with my service dog around all the shops and wonder of all wonders this wet stuff started falling from the sky! I stopped into to Nordstrom Rack and was introduced to this contraption called an umbrella. Apparently in other parts of the world it does this frequently and with more severity. 

Baby, you ain't seen nothing yet. Smiley LOL

allergywriter
Community Member

I love to ski and winter is the time to do it. Skiing and Bloody Marys get me through winter. Whether it is planning the trip or the actual skiing, I love snow. Here's Caberfae and Breckenride so far this seasonbreck bloody mary.JPG

caberfae.jpg

lift pic.JPG

michigan bloody mary.jpg

lysis10
Community Member

Lol this title. When it snows it’s time to swim.

My other white powder is my friends Lucy and molly. Y’all’s don’t know how fun it is to grab a boy with your friend Lucy and jump the pool fence to go swimming until some mall cop kicks you out. Good times.

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying seasons. After 23 years in South Florida, 10 years in Houston Texas, 16 years in Corpus Christi Texas and 3 years in Mobile Alabama this is the first time I've ever lived where you have anything but Summer and that one week of Spring.

Winter rocks

Let it snow let it snow let it snow

Cheryl K wrote:

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying seasons. After 23 years in South Florida, 10 years in Houston Texas, 16 years in Corpus Christi Texas and 3 years in Mobile Alabama this is the first time I've ever lived where you have anything but Summer and that one week of Spring.

Winter rocks

Let it snow let it snow let it snow

I kinda miss home and I'm sick of the cold. It did snow a couple weeks ago, but luckily it was Saturday so I didn't have to go anywhere. My car is no bueno in the snow and I don't really want to own two cars just to have an SUV for snow.

My other white powderMy other white powder

Latest Articles
Learning Paths