cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things to Do When Out of Work and Saving Last Few Connects for a Good Job

Community Guru
Beth T Member Since: Jan 18, 2015
11 of 23

@Scott, good for you! Yeah, I guess I never had that need for a backup plan for five years (even though I probably should have had one anyway). I'm just very limited by (1) a pesky back injury and (2) a pathological need to be alone. Doesn't make for great part-time job opportunities. Even at the Antarctic research stations, you need to be able to lift a certain amount of weight when the mail and supplies come in. I'm confident that I'll figure something out, though. A roommate would make things a lot easier, but ... yikes.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
12 of 23

Beth,

A roommate could me it a lot worse too .. The idea of living with someone else just makes me shudder, but I am terribly private.

For your list

Collect all the junk you don't want in the house and put it on craigslist (no fees like ebay)

plant a garden

Do spring cleaning or project you keep putting off. 

Look at alternatives to working at home besides finding another job.

Stand on your head and see how long it takes to feel woozy

Community Guru
13 of 23

Great list, Suzanne! Fun AND useful.

Yeah, roommate idea is only good for raw finances. Later mental health costs would outweigh the income. Woman LOL

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
14 of 23

"Later mental health costs would outweigh the income. "

I think that would be true of standing on your head as well..

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
15 of 23

Panda killed my residual writing income. Smiley Sad

I write for 1 other place where it's basically an ecommerce store for people who want to buy content. I write a lot of hacking articles and they sell well. And they are fun to write.

I decided to try an ebook and an app. Ebook $0. App $16. yay

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
16 of 23

Start filling out surveys at a cent each......... Fold some laundry..... Do a few more surveys at a cent each....... Put away laundry....... A few more suveys...... Dust.... etc.

Community Guru
17 of 23

Literally LOL, Irene!

Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
18 of 23

Things do while out of Work ?

1. Take two Job Skill Tests of the platform. Make sure you do well in one ( to feel good with yourself) and not so well in the other one (to remind yourself you are very human).

2. Ask yourself how you got into this fix - and promise your self it will never happen again (until the next time it happens).

3. Check your debtor's list and see who is due for a friendly reminder.

4. Finally Google 'ten most cheapest cities to live in the world' and start making neccesary arrangements if any fits the bill.

I hope this helps ?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
19 of 23

I just want to sit and rot on a beach in Bali.

LOL @ debtor's list Oreofe. So true. I go through Elance jobs and say "OK, who needs to pay up."

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
20 of 23

@Oreofe.....I've googled the ten cheapest cities as well!!!!!!!!!.....But then I remind myself...can't speak those languages!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS