Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Thread about Cars and Boats

Highlighted
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
1 of 27

- Boomer, who loves ice cream.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 27

Yeah, I've rented a little boat before too in the Keys.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
3 of 27

Those of us who live in the Keys full-time or part-time put little boats behind boats like a Morgan 34.  We like to take them out into the beautiful ocean on warm, windy days.  It takes and the possibility of being a hater out of us.  Shall we continue this?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 27

Your friend's little sailboat is cute. How did the rental keep up with it though? Or did he let you ride in his boat too?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
5 of 27

Petra R wrote:


Professional salespeople are trained not to outright lie 


 

 

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 27

Rene K wrote:

Petra R wrote:


Professional salespeople are trained not to outright lie 


 

 


lol I hate buying cars so so sooooooooooooo much. It's not even the sales guy I  hate so much, because I already know what he's about. It's the guy you sign the contract with who tries to upsell you on 3295729034023984 different options, and when you say "no, I don't want anything can I just sign the contract and go?" he just keeps on going for another hour. And then they get mad when I have to pull out my raging See You Next Tuesday because asking nicely doesn't work.

 

My friend's mom is filthy rich. Not $100,000 in 7 years poseur rich. Filthy rich with a private jet and a real boat. Stupid sales people treat her like crap not knowing how filty rich she is and they lose the sale.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 27

Jennifer M wrote:


lol I hate buying cars so so sooooooooooooo much.


I *LOVE* buying cars. I LOVE cars full stop. 

I only buy privately and only made a poor decision once. 

And even that I got away with because it drowned (long story) just before the engine was going to fall apart so someone else's  insurance paid.

 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 27

Petra R wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:


lol I hate buying cars so so sooooooooooooo much.


I *LOVE* buying cars. I LOVE cars full stop. 

I only buy privately and only made a poor decision once. 

And even that I got away with because it drowned (long story) just before the engine was going to fall apart so someone else's  insurance paid.

 


I love cars too but know nothing about them, so I could never buy private. I'd get so screwed over. lol I hate the dealer experience so much. Not sure about across the pond, but here buying a car can take all day even if you walk into the dealer and say "give me that one." Even if you ask nicely to stop trying to upsell, they keep going. The whole contract portion can take an hour just sitting there saying "no, no no no stop no no." 

 

Car salesmen treat women like they're idiots and I often get pissed and walk away too just like my friend's mom (except a lot poorer lol)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 27

Jennifer M wrote:

Car salesmen treat women like they're idiots and I often get pissed and walk away too just like my friend's mom (except a lot poorer lol)


That's another reason why I'd never buy a new car (that and not liking the idea of losing a quarter of the car's value on the way home... and NEVER having had a car loan....)

 

I remember way back when I was living outside Windsor and our neighbours were buying a brand new little car every two years and were sooooo proud and there we were with our second hand Porsche and BMW laughing all the way to the bank because over a few years they had paid more than we had and were still driving around in a 944 Turbo and a 5 series....

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 27

Petra R wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Car salesmen treat women like they're idiots and I often get pissed and walk away too just like my friend's mom (except a lot poorer lol)


That's another reason why I'd never buy a new car (that and not liking the idea of losing a quarter of the car's value on the way home... and NEVER having had a car loan....)

 

I remember way back when I was living outside Windsor and our neighbours were buying a brand new little car every two years and were sooooo proud and there we were with our second hand Porsche and BMW laughing all the way to the bank because over a few years they had paid more than we had and were still driving around in a 944 Turbo and a 5 series....


I remember reading Steve Jobs used to buy a new Mercedes every 6 months so that he didn't have to put a license plate on it. Some California law where you don't have to pin a license on the car for the first 6 months. Ooooh, to be rich. Smiley Very Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS