Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
21 of 27

Jennifer M wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Nichola L wrote:

One day, she will be worth a fortune. Hang on to her. My dad had a Jag - one of those great big heavy ones (back in the day), but I can still smell the leather and the wood (and his cigars!). 

I know. Nobody does car interiors like the Brits. Much as I adore German engineering, somehow the Germans manage to make wood and leather feel and smell and look like plastic. 

I'd really love an Aston Martin, but couldn't afford one that can still be driven so a Jag is the next best thing.

I'm a lover of German cars. There are a couple Jag SUVs around here. I don't think I've ever been in a Jag. Now I feel like I need to compare Jag leather with BMW leather. xD  BMWs last foreverrrrr.

I have been the final owner of several BMWs. Love them. My favourite ever car was a 3.0 CSI that nearly cost me my driving licence for speeding twice.  Many years ago

1973_bmw_3-0csi_1570479501628c372fIMG_20190907_185406-940x627

That is sweet looking. 

My dream is one of those sleek Mercedes, the ones that heat your bum and massage your back ... but I drive a Dacia the workhorse of all Renaults, and I have to say, I LOVE my car. It is a dependable old hack and always passes its MOT tests. (Do they have MOT tests in U.S.?)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
22 of 27

Nichola L wrote:

My dream is one of those sleek Mercedes, the ones that heat your bum and massage your back ... but I drive a Dacia the workhorse of all Renaults, and I have to say, I LOVE my car. It is a dependable old hack and always passes its MOT tests. (Do they have MOT tests in U.S.?)

I had to look up MOT test. xD

We have emissions tests. FloriDUH got rid of the requirement, but my new town in Georgia requires it every year to keep your car registered.

Highlighted
Community Guru
23 of 27

Jennifer M wrote:

Nichola L wrote:

I had to look up MOT test. xD

We have emissions tests. FloriDUH got rid of the requirement, but my new town in Georgia requires it every year to keep your car registered.

In France, we get tested for everything. including emissions, every two years. It's called a "contrôle technique" (MOT in UK) and they are quite strict. I usually take my car to my garage to check that everything is still operative, before it takes it's test. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
25 of 27

John B wrote:

Fortunately, I am selling my services, which, to the opinion of my clients, are most surely not used cars. [ ... ]

In the thousands of words you have swamped the forums with, it is still unclear what those services are. But I daresay you wouldn't know the value of less is more. 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
25 of 27

Hi all,

Posts and replies about buying boats and cars have been moved to this separate thread in the Coffee Break section. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
26 of 27

I recommend a Fountaine Pajot, 38' to 42'. Four cabins, double berth.  Two heads. 

Wide beam cat, it can handle 20 to 25 knot winds will trimmed sails -- with great speed -- yet still cut through the waves.  The GPS and autopilot is so accurate, a waypoint in Key West can be established at the outer channel bouy and the destination point at the outer channel bouy in Houston (Transgulf, about 800 miles) can be reached within 10 meters of variance.  Autopilot does not account for shallow-water oil drilling rigs, just to note.  That was exciting.  

Shallow draw unlike a deeper-keep monohull.  That's a good one to charter.  Bareboating is not recommended unless one has sailed bluewater with a crew of two or three.  The friends are usually interested in doing other things than keeping six-hour watches every 12 hours.  They might be throwing up (lol...).  Real-deal sailing, that one.

There's your dream trip, perhaps.  I hope your shut down in Italy is of minimal disruption to your life.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
27 of 27

Dogs that grow up on sailboats and live on the docks have their own special equipment.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS