🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Time for someone else to share the limili...
Page options
resultsassoc
Community Member

Time for someone else to share the limilight.

I've been the "Featured Contributor" for four months, obviously without earning the title. I think the number of Kudos is used to choose.

May I suggest we all offer kudos for every post by our favorite? Personally, I've decided to thumbs-up everything Preston H or Scott B posts. Heavy sits the crown, and so forth.

6 REPLIES 6
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

I got stuck as featured for several months, too.  Not fun after a month or so...

researchediting
Community Member

Is Upwork not doing the interview/profile thing for Featured Contributors any more?

browersr
Community Member

Holy cow, I didn't realize I had gotten this much on your bad side, Bill!

I don't think kudos has anything to do with it. I recall seeing others whom I don't recall ever reading anything from. I checked their profile at the time and they did not have large numbers. Probably a top secret UW algo.

The only crown I am intersted in, is the one in Westeros.....

Scott B wrote:

Probably a top secret UW algo.

I'm beginning to think that Upwork leaves many of its algorithms up to the whim of the freelance programmers it hires, and some of those programmers decide to have a laugh and see what's the silliest algorithm they can get away with.

Richard W wrote:

Scott B wrote:

Probably a top secret UW algo.

I'm beginning to think that Upwork leaves many of its algorithms up to the whim of the freelance programmers it hires, and some of those programmers decide to have a laugh and see what's the silliest algorithm they can get away with.

Thanks, Richard. It shores me up a little to think that there might be some intentionality at work there. Here I was imagining that UW's algorithms were the product of a couple of wayward AIs grabbing a quickie in the broomcloset. 

Renata, funniest post of the week.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths