Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tip of the Tongue

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
11 of 11

Petra R wrote:

Tiffany S wrote:

That was scary (for me... probably a relief for some, too)

That sounds terrifying. Every time I can't come up with a word or think of someone's name at this point in my life, I have a mini-panic that I'm experiencing some kind of cognitive deterioration. 

It was terrifying, especially as it went hand in hand with debilitating visual disturbances. The whole episode was later diagnosed as an ocular migraine. At the time, I thought I had a brain tumour, which would have been a very inconvenient thing to have when you are on your own in a country whose language you don't speak. 

I thought I had a brain tumor when I got my first migraine, and it was just a run-of-the-mill migraine. I was 17 and got up to get ready for school, and my head hurt so bad I thought I was dying. I went to let my dog out and my depth perception was so off that I slammed my head into the sliding glass door and made it worse. I honestly thought I was dying, but it hurt so bad I didn't even have the inclination (or perhaps clarity of thought) to do anything about it. I just went back to bed without even waking up my mom and was kind of surprised to be alive when she woke me up a couple of hours later to ask why I hadn't either gone to school or gotten her up to call me in sick.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS