cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Top Rated Freelancers* (share your feeling with us if you are a top rated freelancer)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
1 of 22
Hi top-rated-badge.png

Just share with us your experiences.

What was your feeling  when you first saw you are top rated freelancer?

Feel free to  share your feelings and everything's what you want to share with us. 

Wish you all the best in all the time. 

Thank you  
Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
2 of 22

It was good first then we realized how tasking it was to keep this status hence the many cries for system changes Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
Community Guru
Beth T Member Since: Jan 18, 2015
3 of 22

I was very excited at first, as I thought great jobs would start rolling in. Turns out the opposite is true. They're rolling away!

Highlighted
Dini J Member Since: Jun 28, 2009
4 of 22

I have been with oDeck/Upwork for 6 years had all work I could handle.

I am one of the Top Rated. 100% Job Success. 4,755 hours Work -65 jobs- 4.66 stars

I cannot get work for the first time in six years.

I get email from Upload so called experts on how to change my profile.

They want me to shorten my header, changed my picture. And change by overview.

Same picture, same header, and same overview except for some update changes of what I have accomplished.

All of that information in my quality of work my expertise and now I can't get work

Jobs used to come to me. I have two years to go and I can retire why doesn't Upwork leave me alone send me jobs and let me work. (The way it is going I am going to having to go back to brick-and-mortar- offices jobs)

All I want to do was work make a living for my family with the overhead expenses of living in the United States.

Question: who are these so-called experts on my profile? How do they know anything about my business and what I do? The bottom line Upwork has the ability to streamline you work or not to streamline you work.

What puzzles me is if I'm so successful, Top Rated would be making Upwork money so why would they not want to keep me working?

Highlighted
Mehedi H Member Since: Jul 14, 2015
5 of 22

I wish , I will be a top rated freelancer soon

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 22

Ambition is the last refuge of the failure.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
7 of 22

++1 Jennifer. Not a post increment, but a pre-increment.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
8 of 22

Mehedi wrote 

============

I wish , I will be a top rated freelancer soon

============

WIsh you All the Best. Please do not look back. If you have faith on you and if you are a honest person, then you will be a top rated freelancer within short time. Please have faith on you . You can do it. 

I will always pray for you . 

Please dont hear anyone. Just go ahead . 

Thanks

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Sherry M Member Since: Jul 27, 2015
9 of 22

Glad you asked. I received an email notification yesterday (7/26/15) that I am "Top Rated." My first thought? That's funny, I haven't even been able to land my first job on Upwork yet.  I'm a transplant from the doomed Elance, where I've worked to build a rep as a writer/ editor for nearly two years. My frustrations with the move?

1. It took Upwork Support 10 days to get my full work history to transfer. Guess I'll never know how many jobs would've been mine if the history had been there, but I do know the number I did get during that time: 0.

2. My skills tests didn't transfer. I had 11 skills tests on Elance. These tests are sometimes quite difficult and always time-consuming. I'm not a techie, but it sure seems like some of this could have been brought over to the new platform.

3. Again, my portfolio samples also did not transfer. Not a huge deal to reproduce, but still a time-consuming task that seems unnecessary.

Just a little frustrated with the whole process right now. Maybe things will turn around now that I'm Top Rated. But I still have to retake all those dang tests if I want a "complete profile."

Highlighted
Dini J Member Since: Jun 28, 2009
10 of 22

I also am Top Rated,  Worked on oDesk/Upload for 6 years.

I cannot get work now!!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS